your turntable

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[image]

All the real listening happens on this bad dog. I don't know anything about it other than it's at least twice as old as I am, it was made by Zenith, it looks fucking sharp and sounds goddamn amazing. The only thing that kind of bites about it is that the turntable has to warm up for a few minutes to get to the right speed.

Oh yeah, if anyone happens to know anything about this thing, any info would be really helpful! While it still plays great, I'm certain there will be a time when I will need to look into some replacement parts and I definitely will need to know the specifics. Thanks!

A Pro-Ject Debut Esprit with the stock Ortofon Alpha cart, running through a Pro-Ject Phono Box SE. Pretty entry-level stuff, but the sad thing is that it's already overkill for most of today's independent releases.

[image]

[image]

I'm thinking of upgrading to one of these. Do you need a slipmat on the platter? I love the ceramic-magnet platter

A Pro-Ject Debut Esprit with the stock Ortofon Alpha cart, running through a Pro-Ject Phono Box SE. Pretty entry-level stuff, but the sad thing is that it's already overkill for most of today's independent releases.

I'm thinking of upgrading to one of these. Do you need a slipmat on the platter? I love the ceramic-magnet platter

Nope, it's intended to be used without a slipmat. Supposedly this acrylic platter increases the sound quality as well, but if there is a difference it is very subtle. I didn't hear any, though my current system isn't really on a level that would allow whatever the difference is to be audible. If nothing else, it looks sweet.

Are you thinking of buying it new? If I were buying again I'd definitely look for something used, you can get a much better performance for the same price.