Denver is as cold as Chicago VC Update

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

I type this as I am flying back to Denver from Chicago. I had a really great but short trip to meet the good folks of Yesterday's Ring. I saw them play a really rocking show and had lots of PBRs with them. Will we end up putting out their next album? I don't yet have the answer, but I feel pretty excited at the prospect of it happening. Expect some news soon. While in Chicago for less than 24 hours, I watched the Steelers win a really exciting football game with Dave Hofer, buyer at Reckless; had really good pizza at Piece (a place owned by the guitarist of Cheap Trick), hung out with Rick from Victory (who let me crash at his place), Justin from Underground Communique, and I got to meet Joe from Lifeline who will soon be announcing some really great vinyl releases. I saw some other good friends, met a Suburban Home supporter who drove from Indiana to see the show and proudly keeps a shotgunator in his pocket. I drank a lot of beer as my headache this morning would attest, and I had one of the worst breakfasts I have ever had (thanks Dunkin Donuts). Thanks Chicago for a fun-filled day. I get to go back to a negative 6 degree Denver. Damn.

I figured I should put together a quick update of what to expect. Yes, we are extremely busy and this week is crunch time. We have a ton of records coming in this week and we have a lot of orders to ship. Be patient with us with email and with shipping your orders. We are working around the clock to get all of our orders out this week.

* Tomorrow, Wednesday, December 17th at 2pm, we will be posting the pre-order for the Joey Cape / Jon Snodgrass "Who Wants to Get Down?" 7". These will not be shipping before Christmas (more like the end of January), but as a Christmas present from us to you, we will send a download link to everyone who pre-orders the record on Christmas Eve. If you don't pre-order the record before Christmas Eve, you will have to wait for the record to arrive to receive the download code.

* We just got in all the elements for the Mustard Plug deluxe set. There are still a few sets left so if you want a really great Xmas gift for the Mustard Plug fan in your life, look no further. These will ship this week.

* Late this week (Friday I think), we will be receiving and shipping out the Teenage Bottlerocket / Ergs split. I am so excited to see how they turned out.

* Got in the Ninja Gun special xmas edition jackets, Kristin is putting them together right now. They look so good.

* This week we are also expecting copies of Let Me Run's debut EP. Those guys are good! Also got in the Night Marchers domestic vinyl and the foil stamping looks bad ass.

* For those of you who have not yet received your shipping notice for your Nada Surf boxset, don't fret. Our distributor hasn't shipped all of their copies to us, but they assure us that we will get every copy we pre-ordered. It will be worth the wait.

* For those of you waiting on the Thrice boxset, I got word from Vagrant that we will have the boxsets by the end of January. I know I know. You have had to wait a really long time for these, but like I said above, I think everyone is going to be stoked on the final product. For those of you have haven't pre-ordered, we will be getting at least 50 more and will post those sometime in January.

* We at Suburban Home/Vinyl Collective are taking a much needed break. We will not be open from December 23rd through January 5th. We will resume on Monday, January 5th. I am going to talk to Andy about possibly checking email once or twice throughout this break and I will more than likely do the same, but please understand that although it isn't normal for a retailer to take so much time off, we really need it.

* I will be putting together a post recommending people who want their orders by Christmas to make sure they ship by Priority Mail. If you have a pre-order shipping this week and you want to upgrade the order to Priority, we can make arrangements for you. I will talk to Andy about the easiest way to do this.

Nice to meet you too Virgil, driving back to South Bend in that ice storm was a biiiiiiitch. Glad to see you made it back safe as well.

Are you gonna post anymore pics or videos from the show? I thought I saw you snap a few shots. All of YRs new songs sounded incredible. Someone (hopefully Suburban Home) signs them soon and gets that music into the hands (and ears) of anxious listeners.

Thanks for the update!!!! The thrice boxset I hope is worth the wait....so is the price still good if you pre ordered it?

yes, but when we post them back up, they might be a bit more.