how you guy get your test press ?

Guest genericinsight

I only own two test presses. one of which was ebay, the other was given directly to me by a band because I had interviewed them and I guess they wanted to give me something free and cool in return.

record swaps are like record fairs, but smaller. the one i went to was at 924 gilman st in berkeley.

is it happend every year ?

and when ?

???

it was gilman's 20th anniversary weekend. the record swap was on new years eve in the morning. i dont know how often it happens. so far as i've been collecting, it's only happened once...as far as i know.

i got my test presses through trading or by being friends with members of the band/label. usually that was the only way to get them for awhile, which made them more rare, now labels run off 20 extra tests (no idea) and then just sell them as a mark up. what the hell is so special about getting a record you can just pay a premium for? really?

Speaking of test presses, was one given away for the ETID box set that came out last yea (or whenever that was)?

I'm only missing test presses from my collection once I finish this transaction for a black box set. Not that it's at all tough to complete an ETID collection. It's 2 box sets, 4 Big Dirty's, and a Hex comp.