Just got a PS3 For Christmas

dante3000

Haha, it was a gift from my father who I won't be spending Christmas with (hanging out with the inlaws) and he's all about being there when we open stuff, brings him some cheer.

Fair enough. I suck at giving gifts and waiting for people to open them. I think I gave my grandfather his birthday gift about 5 minutes after I bought it. And two weeks early.

Haha, it was a gift from my father who I won't be spending Christmas with (hanging out with the inlaws) and he's all about being there when we open stuff, brings him some cheer.

Fair enough. I suck at giving gifts and waiting for people to open them. I think I gave my grandfather his birthday gift about 5 minutes after I bought it. And two weeks early.

i got you beat!

carvin put the condenser mic my boyfriend wanted on sale back in mid-september, i snatched it up, and once it got here, i couldnt wait to give it to him. even though his birthday wasnt until the end of november.

i fail at giving presents on time.

Yeah, PS3 does stiff you when it comes to the cables, I found that out when I got mine last week. You forget about it once you start playing it, namely Metal Gear Solid 4.

Right up there with USB printers not coming with a USB cable.

Totally. I take my old printers to Goodwill, and they seem almost mad that I don't bring in the USB cable. I'm not buying another one every time I get a printer.

Right up there with USB printers not coming with a USB cable.

Totally. I take my old printers to Goodwill, and they seem almost mad that I don't bring in the USB cable. I'm not buying another one every time I get a printer.

I bet they do the same thing with PS3s. They stick the WAY overpriced cables right around it to lure you into a $30 cable you could get for $4. I checked on NewEgg.com and found a 6ft USB cable for $2 compared to one at Best Buy for $30.

Yeah, Sony is a bunch of cheapos.

They're cheapos who are selling every single PS3 at a loss because if they attempted to sell them for what they're actually worth nobody would buy it. HDMI cables can be found for less than $10, so if you can afford a PS3 you can afford an HDMI cable

Doesn't Microsoft and Nintendo also sell at a loss, as a sort of investment, hoping you buy enough games to make it worth their while?

Yeah, Sony is a bunch of cheapos.

They're cheapos who are selling every single PS3 at a loss because if they attempted to sell them for what they're actually worth nobody would buy it. HDMI cables can be found for less than $10, so if you can afford a PS3 you can afford an HDMI cable

ALL systems, save for the Wii I think, are being sold for a loss to get them in people's hands so they can make more money on game licenses. The wider the audience the more the game license fee.

Doesn't Microsoft and Nintendo also sell at a loss, as a sort of investment, hoping you buy enough games to make it worth their while?

yah i know wii isn't selling at a loss and i know ps3 is selling at the biggest loss. not sure if xbox is or not though. plus these facts are dated. the shit they put into those systems is probably half price as to what i cost when they built them originally (or cheaper in the xbox's case since its so old).

Still it looks great at 1080p. Looking forward to getting some Blu-Ray DVD's and games after the holidays.

i have some blu-rays for sale if you're interested.. better deal if you buy more :)

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=sale&action=display&thread=24010

plus i also second kyle's suggestion of monoprice for cables and such, although you already have one