recent pic of yourself thread (happy jason?)

Guest xsteponmex

i really wish i went to school for photography. :(

i majored in fine art, with a concentration in painting, but my black and white photography class was probably my favorite. i wish my school had offered more photography classes; most of what i learned i learned by doing.

check out zach arias http://www.zarias.com/

he does almost exclusively music photography for bands and whatnot, and his one light seminars are AMAZING. my bf won a free copy of his dvd (the thing retails for like $250) and it's crazy how much you can do with just one light (and a lot of talent, haha).

i really wish i went to school for photography. :(

i majored in fine art, with a concentration in painting, but my black and white photography class was probably my favorite. i wish my school had offered more photography classes; most of what i learned i learned by doing.

check out zach arias http://www.zarias.com/

he does almost exclusively music photography for bands and whatnot, and his one light seminars are AMAZING. my bf won a free copy of his dvd (the thing retails for like $250) and it's crazy how much you can do with just one light (and a lot of talent, haha).

I've been meaning to tell you I really liked your photography. I checked out your photo myspace the other day and liked what I saw.

I like to dabble in photography. I've only taken two classes for it, one was a darkroom class and the other was for digital. I'm still not all that great at it and even after owning my camera for a year, I'm still learning how to use it to its full potential. The whole graphic design majoring thing gobbles up most of my time. I mostly like to take my camera out to shows that I don't need a photo pass for.

I just finally got around to putting some of em up on a myspace. I'm not all that great though. I just have fun doing it which is really all I'm looking to get out of it. I like taking really grainy black and white photos.

I've been meaning to tell you I really liked your photography. I checked out your photo myspace the other day and liked what I saw.

I like to dabble in photography. I've only taken two classes for it, one was a darkroom class and the other was for digital. I'm still not all that great at it and even after owning my camera for a year, I'm still learning how to use it to its full potential. The whole graphic design majoring thing gobbles up most of my time. I mostly like to take my camera out to shows that I don't need a photo pass for.

I just finally got around to putting some of em up on a myspace. I'm not all that great though. I just have fun doing it which is really all I'm looking to get out of it. I like taking really grainy black and white photos.

thank you! :]

i like yours as well! i'm kind of the opposite of you; photography most of the time and design work on the side (though i've only had one 'graphic design' class so everything i do is probably ridiculously crude compared to what you do, lol).

i just recently started shooting mostly all in manual, and it really does make a difference a lot of the time. before i was lazy and not much of a technical photographer, but my boyfriend started getting really into it (we met because i sold him his D80, back when i sold cameras for a living) and he's all about the technical stuff. so i guess i have him to thank for really doing the pushing to make me a better photographer!

Guest smccown13
Playing while watching Thundercats on Sunday morning.

When I first saw this, I really didn't want to look at the picture. Some people REALLY like Thundercats.

Playing while watching Thundercats on Sunday morning.

When I first saw this, I really didn't want to look at the picture. Some people REALLY like Thundercats.

I was watching because it was on my netflix. I enjoy watching cartoons from when I was a kid but I like to add how I think the theme songs should be, hence playing while watching.