My parents are moving, so...

Cool stuff. When I was in high school they did this thing called project graduation which is a big party thing that they do in the gym to keep kids from getting wasted on graduation night, and my friend's mom was in charge. They decided to line the walls with records so they put an ad in the paper looking for cheap records. Some couple ended up donating about 8 huge bins worth, and they were in my friend's garage for awhile so I got to go through and get a bunch of freebies. All of the records were in fantastic shape too. I've got a mint copy of Thriller.

My girlfriend's parents are moving pretty soon as well. While I was over visiting during the holidays they said I could take whatever records I wanted because they didn't want to have to pack them up... Needless to say I made out pretty good.

Here's what I bagged (all in amazing condition);

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pO7gj1H4rNGeEOFnE-FMGfg

I think the coolest thing I got was a mint copy of Billy Joel's "The Stranger". The jackets a little worn, but the vinyl is clean as the dickens. I was impressed.

Hell yeah! I got a copy of this from my father along with a bunch of other records. Same situation, kind of worn jacket, but the vinyl is cleeaaan!

that's awesome. my dad was cleaning out his basement a couple months ago and found a bunch of records he said i could have. so i drove down there and ended up having to make two trips to get them all. there's 7"s going back as far as the late 50s in there. it's fucking crazy. i still haven't been through all of it yet.

so far the best jewel i've found in there was a sealed copy of the beatles white album and a sealed copy of zepplin 2.

You should see the crate my mom gave me a few months ago that I haven't sorted yet, including every original Beatles-related release.

my mom's beatles and solo records were stolen from their house by someone doing work on the place when she was a teenager. I'm pretty bummed about that. it was around the time john Lennon was murdered and she owned imagine. >:(