TP/PO: JON SNODGRASS "Visitor's Band" LP/CD/Deluxe

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

JON SNODGRASS "Visitor's Band" LP black vinyl w/ mp3 coupon

JON SNODGRASS "Visitor's Band" LP clear vinyl w/ mp3 coupon

JON SNODGRASS "Visitor's Band" Deluxe Set (LP, CD, T-shirt, Cozie, Pint Glass, Poster, Button)

JON SNODGRASS "Visitor's Band" CD

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylho....'s%2bB and%2522

Since the premature dissolution of Drag the River in late 2007, Jon Snodgrass has continued to do what he has always done: write and record great music. Over the course of most of 2008 he recorded a number of recording sessions in such far off places as Rhode Island, Kansas City, San Jose, New Brunswick, and at home in his garage and in Denver at Black and Bluhm (with Chris Fogal). He had guest musicians (hence Visitor's Band) such as Two Cow Garage, Chad Rex, Joey Erg, Chris Pierce, Eric Powers, and more. The resulting 10 track (plus the entire album over again as 1 track with alternate versions of nearly every song) album is some of Jon's greatest work. You might think you know what this album sounds like, but I think it might surprise you a bit. The album incorporates the hard-edged rock you expect from Armchair Martian with the more rootsy sounds you might expect to hear with Drag the River and the resulting album is an album I have no problem calling a masterpiece. I am so proud of this album.

Vinyl Pressing info is:

Pressing info : 300 on Black vinyl, 700 on Clear vinyl (co-released with Hometown Caravan) (with 35 percent of the records going to Germany, expect these to go fast in the states.

For the deluxe set:

I am a very persuasive person and at press time, i have been unable to convince Jon to allow us to do a What Would Jon Do T-shirt or a What Would Jon Drink Pint Glass. We are throwing a bunch of ideas around for the resulting merch, but we need your feedback. Some other ideas include a WWJDD (What Would Jon's Dog Do) T-shirt. Jon is a little apprehensive about putting his face on a t-shirt or glass, but I think that the time you decide to put out a solo album, all bets are off. Let us know what you think. Regardless of whether Jon's face is gonna be on the glass/shirt, we will be offering a deluxe set featuring:

Jon Snodgrass "Visitor's Band" LP clear vinyl & Jon Snodgrass "Visitor's Band" CD

A T-shirt, a Coozie, a Pint Glass, a Poster, and a Button

Check out an mp3 for "Song For Jake Nichols To Sing" http://www.suburbanhomerecords.com/mediafiles/JonSnodgrass/audio/songforjakenichols160.mp3 and listen to 2 tracks from the album on our streaming player on our release page http://www.suburbanhomerecords.com/releases/ (the other song is a duet with Two Cow Garage that absolutely smokes).

2 snodgrass tracks aren't working right in the streaming player on 2 diff computers

they play fine on my computer as well as a few others, anyone else having this problem?

Sucked it up and bought the black without the cool dinosaur slipmat.

Virgil do you know if Jon will be selling copies at his shows in Europe? Fingers crossed I can pick up a clear copy there.

yes, jon will have vinyl in Europe. Clear for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
"Remember My Name" is on the January Lucero Comp (www.ninebullets.net) titled "Cover Me". The Comp is all covers (except the "title track"). Who did the original?

it is a cover of a not so well known New England band, let me find out who. The song is amazing though.