Snapcase Appresh

Progression Through Unlearning is by far their best record. I still remember when I first heard that album. I remember some of the members started a new band and few years back and were recorded some demos. One of those demos was a jawbox song that sounded flawless. I remember they were looking for a front man but I guess that never happened and the band fizzled away.

Hopefully not sucking so bad. Snapcase blew.

Somewhere, somehow, there is a warning bell whenever Snapcase is mentioned, Oakland weighs in on how much he thinks they suck.

I liked them.

I used to live in Boulder.

I know, right? I guess I should qualify this. I think they were tight. They certainly did what they did well. So I guess it's not fair to say they sucked. I just think they had a tired concept that went on way too long. Everything sounded the same. They aren't the only band like that of course, but I somehow ended up seeing them a lot.

Anyone know what the former members up to now?

They (minus John and Daryl as they have wives and kids now) were doing an indie band called The Attractive with the former singer of Six Going On Seven.

http://www.myspace.com/attractivemusic

Last I talked to Frank he said he had basically given up on playing music. He and I believe Dustin work at the Apple store at a local mall.

It happens all the time. It's not like there's much opportunity for alternate career growth when you're packed in a van all day and playing shows at night. Ideally you'd be taking online classes, but drinking or just hanging out is so much more fun. Then boom! Your band goes down and the only reference you have on your resume is Tony Victory.

Guest genericinsight
Indeed they do. I work at a grocery store now. I just think it's funny that he went from being in a fairly successful band, to working in retail.

Dave Wagenshutz formerly of Paint It Black/Kid Dynamite/etc basically left PIB to become a manager at Trader Joe's from what I heard. It happens.

Also, you'd really be surprised to find out what people in supposedly successful bands do as day jobs when they're not on tour. People need to make money somehow... tour doesn't exactly bring in the big bucks!

and Snapcase ruled.

Indeed they do. I work at a grocery store now. I just think it's funny that he went from being in a fairly successful band, to working in retail.

Well, he's a "Mac Genius" and supposedly they pay pretty well.

Frank is a really smart guy. There's a lot of things he could do if he was inclined to want to.

"Last I talked to Frank he said he had basically given up on playing music. He and I believe Dustin work at the Apple store at a local mall."

The sad realities of life after music. Unfortunately this is how it goes for many musicians even with what many consider "successful bands."

Guest genericinsight
I'm not saying I'm surprised by this, but I still find it funny.

Oh, of course it is. I can count many, many occasions where I've accidentally run into people in bands I like/that were in bands I liked at their day jobs and it's always very funny to me. Yet at the same time it's kind of refreshing to know and makes the whole thing seem more real to me... like people in bands you like having real jobs when they aren't on tour, it kind of confirms the whole "real people playing music" aspect of this whole thing for me in a weird way. I don't know if that makes sense...