The best Turntable $64,000 can buy

jeffo

Why does it have 4 arms?
Why would anyone want four arms on their record player? Different pickup cartridges produce different types of sound, and some audiophiles like to match their record players' arms to different genres of music without going through the hassle of swapping cartridges.

I'm going to buy 4 of those along with that turntable and listen to Hot Water Music LP's. ;D

LOL, kinda funny CNN is posting about this. 50K+ turntables like this have been around for yyeeeaaaarrrrrsssss.

"Gabriel turntable is made with bronze and can be customized with up to four arms"

"A one-armed model costs about $27,000, while a four-armed version runs for $64,000, including installation."

I guess if you want one arm you can get one arm...

i wouldn't be surprised if they had 0 in stock, and that if they receive an order, they just build one then. seems a little too pricey/ridiculous to just have extra ones laying around waiting for people to maybe buy them.

I can confirm that when I was there a few weeks ago, this was not on the floor. I'll ask to hear it next time I'm there

i wouldn't be surprised if they had 0 in stock, and that if they receive an order, they just build one then. seems a little too pricey/ridiculous to just have extra ones laying around waiting for people to maybe buy them.

I can confirm that when I was there a few weeks ago, this was not on the floor. I'll ask to hear it next time I'm there

this is going to sound like sarcasm, but it's not:

please report back when you find out. i'm really curious to know one way or the other.