my bloody valentine 3d

I dont care if its bare or not. However I feel like it is unfair to expect me to spend the proper amount of time doing my mouth bidness if you can't trim the jungle back a bit. I wouldn't ask a girl to give me the ol' mouth bidness if I was at my full Irish buckwheat glory. Shit goes both ways.

Yep.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 to both of you (minty first) for appreciation of a long forgotten, yet eminently functional word.

Hmm, a clue to your true identity. Someone on here complimented me on using the word whilst a while ago.

Maybe. But how many posts are you willing to go through to find out? Also, just because another board member appreciates language doesn't mean I am he/she, or he/she is me.

+1 to both of you (minty first) for appreciation of a long forgotten, yet eminently functional word.

Hmm, a clue to your true identity. Someone on here complimented me on using the word whilst a while ago.

that was me.

and i promise you, i am NOT grammar police.

if i were, i would have called it "grammar nazi" and my avatar would have been a swastika with "kyle <3" above it.

Maybe. But how many posts are you willing to go through to find out? Also, just because another board member appreciates language doesn't mean I am him/her, or he/she is me.

Get it right or pay the price.

Saw it last night, story was horrible but at least they kept it similar to the original lol , but I'm sure the ending was mind blowing in the 80's. The 3-D was really good though, I like how they pretty much made everything 3D not just a few random things here and there.

When I got home from the cinema I read the original movie's plot line on Wikipedia and they are really different. The only things they kept true to are the names, pretty much.

I'm not gonna spoil it, but the ending... totally different.

Maybe. But how many posts are you willing to go through to find out? Also, just because another board member appreciates language doesn't mean I am him/her, or he/she is me.

Get it right or pay the price.

Actually, you are wrong:

http://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/pronoun.asp

Rule 2. Subject pronouns are also used if they rename the subject. They follow to be verbs such as is, are, was, were, am, and will be.

Examples: It is he.

This is she speaking.

It is we who are responsible for the decision to downsize.

NOTE: In spoken English, most people tend to follow to be verbs with object pronouns. Many English teachers support (or at least have given in to) this distinction between written and spoken English.

Example: It could have been them.

Better: It could have been they.

Example: It is just me at the door.

Better: It is just I at the door.