Girl Advice? Help me!

corbet

I've been dating this girl for about a month now and I've been pretty nice to her. I think she's a keeper and have been trying really hard to sweep her off her feet. Last night we were talking about meeting for the first time and I was greeted with this:

Her: The first time we hung out you were all like forceful and assholeish. Oh what happened to my mr. mean?

Me: You seriously want that back?

Her: Yes, I do actually. I dont like mr. nice guy all the time, I dont like to feel like I'm in control all the time.

Now, I will admit that ever since the first visit I've been overly nice - probably even too nice. I've always been that nice guy. In regards to my first time seeing her, I guess I was "assholish and forceful" because I told her to "come over here and give me a hug" and I grabbed her to get closer during the movie.

How can I go about being more assertive? Does anyone have any scenarios that will help me "be more in control" with her? Am I too late?

this is everything that's wrong with girls.

i've never heard a guy say "you know what? i really want date a huge bitch" or "why'd you break up with her? cause she was too nice???"

women want to date jerks, and the ones that don't think they want to end up doing it anyway. then when they finally realize they are, they won't break up with them because they think they can change them.

you want my advice, dude? just lose the girl.

there's plenty of others out there who will like you for being the "nice guy" and won't force you to be somebody you're not, or make you do things you're not comfortable with.

Any girl who wants you to treat them like shit has serious "daddy issues" and is the opposite of the "keeper" you described.

Yes. First, if a girl is already telling you how to behave on your second date, it's a bad sign. Second, the "girls like asshole guys" is not a rule that one demands to be followed. If a girl does that, then the girl has issues. Third, and this is important, if you already have problems like this on the second date, drop her. The first few months are supposed to be "honeymoon period" where you just get to be yourself and find out if someone likes you. If you have to second guess yourself, that shit is not worth it.

Any girl who wants you to treat them like shit has serious "daddy issues" and is the opposite of the "keeper" you described.

Yes. First, if a girl is already telling you how to behave on your second date, it's a bad sign. Second, the "girls like asshole guys" is not a rule that one demands to be followed. If a girl does that, then the girl has issues. Third, and this is important, if you already have problems like this on the second date, drop her. The first few months are supposed to be "honeymoon period" where you just get to be yourself and find out if someone likes you. If you have to second guess yourself, that shit is not worth it.

I agree with this, however don't drop her until after you blast her in the balloon knot.

I agree with this, however don't drop her until after you blast her in the balloon knot.

It's been my experience that it takes a lot of smooth talk to get in the forbidden zone. With the girl he's describing, I wouldn't feel comfortable saying anything endearing because a) she sucks, and B) she wouldn't like it. Which leads me to c) any girl that will straight up take it without any lead-in is probably one you will regret having any sort of intercourse with at some point. Either she will a) get stalker clingy or B) you will get butt herpes.

I apoligize on the behalf of my gender for how ridiculous we can be like in the case of the girl in question.

I'm not sure what her deal is. What I look for in a guy is balance. Nice but not a complete pushover. I like a guy to have spine and assertiveness about him without being a tool. A happy medium. I find this is the case with most levelheaded girls. I never understood the whole desire to date a complete asshat.

Maybe you should just get out while you're not so far in this relationship.