Where will you be at Noon est tomorrow?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At class, not giving one shit about this already drawn out ceremony. I am so unbelievably tired of hearing about it. I can't even get any news at all.

"Let's go live to the Washington Mall, where several people are milling around. Jim?"

"Thanks Natalie. With the inauguration only 48 hours away, it is getting cold. Remember, you can't bring a stroller."

Dude is the president. Inauguration is a waste of time and an incredible waste of money - half of which is paid for by we the people.

Also, I can't believe it is [was ever] acceptable that American presidents still put their hand on a bible.

At class, not giving one shit about this already drawn out ceremony. I am so unbelievably tired of hearing about it. I can't even get any news at all.

"Let's go live to the Washington Mall, where several people are milling around. Jim?"

"Thanks Natalie. With the inauguration only 48 hours away, it is getting cold. Remember, you can't bring a stroller."

Dude is the president. Inauguration is a waste of time and an incredible waste of money - half of which is paid for by we the people.

Also, I can't believe it is [was ever] acceptable that American presidents still put their hand on a bible.

BUT BEYONCE AND THE BOSS CARE!

Assembling bicycle tools. I'm actually programming a VCR for the first time ever so I can watch it when I get home.

Also, I can't believe it is acceptable that American presidents still put their hand on a bible.

Why not? Presidents have freedom of religious expression as much as anyone, and besides, the fact that it's Abe Lincoln's Bible is more symbolic than it being a Bible.

BUT BEYONCE AND THE BOSS CARE!

And great Americans like Bono and Rihanna too. I mean, if they are interested in something, it is almost always awesome.

Also, I can't believe it is acceptable that American presidents still put their hand on a bible.

Why not? Presidents have freedom of religious expression as much as anyone, and besides, the fact that it's Abe Lincoln's Bible is more symbolic than it being a Bible.

Constitution, Amendment 1, Establishment Clause.

This is an official government ceremony.

The inauguration itself may not be the most interesting thing in the world, but what it represents this time around is what matters. For once I'm not feeling cynical about all things politics.

Understood.

I am talking about the inauguration itself. I don't give a shit who is getting put into office - waste of time/money.

I am still cynical [skeptical].

Skeptic for life.

Member of the Skeptics Society. True story.

The inauguration itself may not be the most interesting thing in the world, but what it represents this time around is what matters. For once I'm not feeling cynical about all things politics.

Would it really make any difference at all if there was this huge overdone ceremony or if Obama just strolled into the oval office tomorrow though?