VC Vegetarians / Vegans?

Guest kylewilliam

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend is, and has been for about 10 years. I decided to give it go for January, a new years resolution I guess. I've found it easy and kinda fun. I've been eating fish, which technically makes a pescetarian. I could probably carry on past January, I could easily cut out red meat but I would find white meat a bit harder.

I was thinking about trying out the vegetarian thing. Actually, I want to try out the healthiest thing, whatever that would be.

Well there's no "healthiest" thing per say. I have reaped a plethora of health benefits from vegetarianism, but if you aren't careful it can be incredibly unhealthy. You can suffer from serious malnutrition if you don't make sure you get enough protein or iron or B12. Do a little homework and decide what would be best for you.

I was thinking about trying out the vegetarian thing. Actually, I want to try out the healthiest thing, whatever that would be.

Well there's no "healthiest" thing per say. I have reaped a plethora of health benefits from vegetarianism, but if you aren't careful it can be incredibly unhealthy. You can suffer from serious malnutrition if you don't make sure you get enough protein or iron or B12. Do a little homework and decide what would be best for you.

I actually had this problem the first year I was a vegetarian, I couldnt figure out what it was, I quit for like 2 months and I just hated the diet, but I didnt feel like shit anymore. Did some research and figured it was the b12 and iron, got some vitamins , went back on the veg diet and now I feel great and im happy with my diet. I just wish I wasnt so hungover all the time

meat is far too entrenched in my every-day diet for me to ever realistically consider becoming a vegetarian. i don't knock people who are, but i really don't like when people shove it in my face.

but the same can really be said about antyhing: gay people, overly-religious people, overly-political people, etc.

meat is far too entrenched in my every-day diet for me to ever realistically consider becoming a vegetarian. i don't knock people who are, but i really don't like when people shove it in my face.

but the same can really be said about antyhing: gay people, overly-religious people, overly-political people, etc.

QFT.