Nirvana - Nevermind LP

There was a rumor a million years ago that the silver stickered Simply Vinyl editions were the first pressings and the gold were later pressings. But then there were different styles of stickers and whatnot and it's all very confusing since that company doesn't exist in any real way anymore.

also mine has a small silver circle sticker while it look like all the other SV versions have a large gold rectangle sticker. not sure if this means anything though

I think mine has the round silver sticker but not Endless Nameless. I'll verify that later

Turns out it's a rectangular silver sticker

Ok, so I took a gamble and picked up another Simply Vinyl Nevermind. This one does have Endless Nameless on it.

It has a round silver sticker on front : Limited Edition Classic Album - Made in the UK and round Simply Vinyl sticker on the back.

Unforotunately, I just sold and shipped my other Simply Vinyl version so I can't compare other things, but it had the gold rectangular sticker. I'm pretty sure the round sticker on the back was gold too, but I don't remember for sure.

So, for my Simply Vinyl w/ Endless Nameless, info is:

silver round sticker

SVLP 0038

UPC: 643346003818

Matrix: SVLP-0038 A/B

there seem to be a lot of the silver sticker ones popping up on ebay now...maybe it's a later pressing?

So, for my Simply Vinyl w/ Endless Nameless, info is:

silver round sticker

SVLP 0038

UPC: 643346003818

Matrix: SVLP-0038 A/B

there seem to be a lot of the silver sticker ones popping up on ebay now...maybe it's a later pressing?

i'm sure this version is a new repress, but frankly i've many doubts abouts its authenticity, i'm afraid it's a fake.

The only nevermind vinyl versions pressed with EN was the German fake (first copies appeared around 2000/01).

There are, at least, two 100% official Simply Vinyl versions:

the first one was manufactured in England in 1998 (matrix code SVLP 0038 A-1-1 SVLP 0038 B-1-1), later pressing were manufactured in Holland. matrix code of holland pressing is:

08 43021 20 1A1 SVLP 038

08 43021 20 2B1 SVLP 038

Both versions come with an insert, have a silver or gold rectangular sticker and come with a special PVC outer sleeve with Simply Vinyl logo embossed.

Guido

hm, that would mean the other SV copy I had was not authentic either. it didn't have an insert.

i would not be surprised if this one w/ EN on it was a fake/boot. It has that feel about it, even though the jacket looks pretty good (doesn't look like blurred printing or the usual tipoffs).

the printing on the stickers gave me an odd vibe and whiff of 'bootleg' tho.

hm, that would mean the other SV copy I had was not authentic either. it didn't have an insert.

not necessarily, maybe some copies didn't have the insert.

Did you buy it new and sealed and do you remember the date of purchase? Except for this strange new pressing, i've never seen or heard about a Simply Vinyl fake, so if you bought your previous copy at least 1 or 2 years ago i think it was 100% original, especially if your "old" copy had a good sound (boot usually sounds crappy !!)

it was several months ago i got the first one (w/ the rectangular gold sticker).

it didn't sound that bad, just 'bright' as people say. the back to black reissue sounded a lot better so i got rid of the SV one.

then i saw this silver sticker SV and gave it a whirl. it doesn't sound crappy really, just not great.

I have the original US and import pressings and they don't have Endless, Nameless. Neither does my Simply Vinyl copy. I imagine most Nirvana fans realize that it's the flip side of the import single of Come As You Are.

And I still maintain that I have one of the rarest copies of Nevermind in existance. It's a sealed copy of a Columbia Record Club version.

rasputin's has one of these on the waill right now.

it was several months ago i got the first one (w/ the rectangular gold sticker).

it didn't sound that bad, just 'bright' as people say. the back to black reissue sounded a lot better so i got rid of the SV one.

then i saw this silver sticker SV and gave it a whirl. it doesn't sound crappy really, just not great.

i think that all the copies with rectangular sticker are 100% original.

About sound quality, i agree with you, i don't like so much that SV version, it sounds good but it's nothing special.

According to many audiophiles, the best sounding Nevermind version are:

- Mobile Fidelity

- 2007 Universal Japan repress on 200 g. vinyl

- 1st Japan pressing (1996)

One of my favourite Nevermind is the Argentinian 12" : different back sleeve and titles in spanish (Smells like Teen Spirit is Olor Adoloscente)..horrible sounds but it's an amazing version.

• 7 years later...