Planes Mistaken for Stars appreesh!

rtw88

I usually hate these appreesh threads, but if you've never listened to this band, do yourself a favor and do it. I've been listening to all their albums today, and they didn't write a bad song until Mercy.

This band is, IMO, the most underrated band in hardcore/post hardcore or whatever you want to call it.

There was nothing about PMFS that wasn't awesome. Anybody that saw them live and wasn't floored is either retarded or saw them on a bad night. I'd have to say they are my all-time favorite local band and an awesome interview. I'm a professional, so my opinion is more important than most people's.

Love the albums.

Didn't really like their live shows so much. Maybe I just had bad luck

I saw them live, and I wasn't super impressed. Granted there were only about 10 people there. I'm hoping they'll end up reuniting for the Fest sometime soon.

It hasn't even been a year since their final show.

But yeah. Good band. It was a fucking ordeal getting out to Denver for the last show, and I probably wouldn't go through that for just any band.

If you didn't get into the live shows, you had bad luck.

Anyone who saw this band play (clotherd or otherwise) in a sweaty Denver garage/basement/living room can attest to the intenseness.

The only time I ever saw them outside of Denver or a festival was partially depressing: in Port Jervis, NJ to a dozen people -- two of us who loved it -- with the band still giving it their all.

The problem with Planes was always that they needed to 'make it' to support themselves. You read between the lines.