Holy God flowers are expensive

it means more to me when i see a guy spent time or careful thought/consideration on a gift rather than money.

exactly. i'd rather have him put thought and effort into something rather than click a couple buttons online.

most guys ive dated have had a hard time getting this through their skull though, lol. when i say 'don't waste money on me, do something thoughtful' they take that as either 'don't get me anything at all' or they think i'm kidding and it's another girl trick and just spend a lot of money on gifts anyways.

exactly. i'd rather have him put thought and effort into something rather than click a couple buttons online.

most guys ive dated have had a hard time getting this through their skull though, lol. when i say 'don't waste money on me, do something thoughtful' they take that as either 'don't get me anything at all' or they think i'm kidding and it's another girl trick and just spend a lot of money on gifts anyways.

flowers have never gotten me laid. the above is getting me married.

that's most guys, i think. i'm not sure why they assume i'm always using reverse psychology but it gets irritating after awhile.

that's most guys, i think. i'm not sure why they assume i'm always using reverse psychology but it gets irritating after awhile.

Because you two are exceptions to an otherwise pretty consistent rule.

My girlfriend isn't a super girly girl, but I randomly got her flowers and she LOVED it. I don't think any guy gave them to her before so she really appreciated it.

Her reacting was great, so I'm going to get her some for v-day too.

don't over-do it though. you don't want to ruin the gesture by getting them so often that they're meaningless...

My girlfriend isn't a super girly girl, but I randomly got her flowers and she LOVED it. I don't think any guy gave them to her before so she really appreciated it.

it was probably more the fact that you got her something out of the blue, rather than the actual gift itself.

gifts, no matter what they are, are always way way better when they're unexpected.

don't over-do it though. you don't want to ruin the gesture by getting them so often that they're meaningless...

I think that's where flowers fail. They can become quite cliche and then they lose their "specialness." That's why if you can find a nice flower that's not a rose it works much better than "just" roses.