More dirt on Rat Patrol Records

patron

I know just saying that name to some people around here is bad news, but I thought people might be interested in hearing who he's screwing over now.

Marvelous Darlings (http://www.myspace.com/marvelousdarlings) released their demo as a 7" on his label and for the longest time there was a link to the Rat Patrol store on their myspace and now it reads as follows:

"Demo Tape" released on 7" (Rat Patrol Recs[uK]) *OUT NOW - This dude never gave us our records, and is a huge douchebag.. DONT BUY IT

I ordered it when it first came out and he shipped really quickly, weird.

By the way, everyone check this band out.

I don't know that guy, but how can he still put out records after screwing over so many people. Mike from In the Red said that his friends the Anchor are doing a 7" with Rat patrol and he was gonna warn them about their experience with the label.

By the way, everyone check this band out.

Their stuff is great but I just won't bring myself to spend $14 for two song 7 inches (after shipping). I guess I'll just hope for a compilation cd/lp.

Where are those prices from? I know Deranged has their first 7" for $4, but I thought Wall-Ride was sold out of The Swords, The Streets.

Can I get a full background here?

Bryon/Kiss of Death fronted the money to put out the ITR LP, meanwhile, the band made copies of the album on CD to sell/give away on their own and Rat Patrol freaked out and accused them of stealing from him...so he decided to not pay Bryon for the record. He apparently sold a bunch of people the LP and other releases but doesn't send them and never responds to questions of refunds.

basically the guy sucks and somebody needs to beat the living shit out of him for ripping people off.

there's been a lot written about this, I encourage everyone to ask mike Hale/In The Red or Bryon from Kiss of Death for the real story instead of third or fourth hand from me.

my take on this is, that if I had a band on my label that went ahead and pressed CDs of a record I was putting out and was actually being pro-active about spreading the word of their band...which only snowballs down the line to more recognition overall I would never complain about it. I have one of these "bootleg" CDs that I got at Fest 6, that Brett, the old bass player gave me because I saw him at a show and asked if I could buy one. they pressed a CD to give away or sell for cheap at shows. That's fucking awesome. I really hope I get to work with a band THAT into helping out their label. I realize it's kind of a goofy way of doing it...but still.

the rat patrol dude used to post here, but looks like he hasnt logged into since june 08. i think that is when the 1st shit storm started brewing.

his info:

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile&user=ratpatrol

old thread:

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=12796&page=1#256190

I don't know that guy, but how can he still put out records after screwing over so many people. Mike from In the Red said that his friends the Anchor are doing a 7" with Rat patrol and he was gonna warn them about their experience with the label.

That's funny, Jay from the Anchor was just talking to me about this last night. He said he doesn't think the songs ever made it to the guy and he's hoping they never do. Shitty situation.

• 14 years later...