Sigur Ros - Agaetis Bryjun and ( ) reissues

gmoney

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this from anna today..

"The Sigur Ros reissues aren't available in the USA because those titles are only on FatCat in the UK...so the only way to get them would be to order from them...stay tuned for Sung Tongs 2xLP USA re-pressing to be announced on our site though."

stoked.

i guess that sort of explains it. usually when there is a flag like that in the top, its more to choose a currency. two divide between fatcat us/uk like that is kinda dumb, considering i didn't realize there was a fatcat US.

now might be a good time to buy VON on vinyl if you're in the US. the reissue (first time on vinyl) has been up for preorder for a while. 200 gram pressing limited to 2,000. has really nice packaging. all the stores in the U.S. are selling it for $50+shipping. but on the label (one little indian)'s site it comes out to about $36 including shipping to the U.S. since the british pound is lower than it's been in quite a while. I just know it was something like $60 including shipping when it first went up.

when i talked to some stores here in the U.S. that had it up for preorder, they all said they have no idea how many they're getting and if they oversell, they will just have to give refunds. thats why i figure my best bet is ordering straight from the label... especially cause it's cheaper. but i'm not sure how long it'll take to sell 2,000 of a record that was never on vinyl in the first place.

• 1 month later...

got mine yesterday. the arrived fine, but the package was crappy thin cardboard and it was totally NOT SEALED on one side. just wide open. and the packaging is not what i expected at all. ive never seen copies in person of the original presses, but these arent even gatefold. just not what i was expecting at all. havent spun them yet. dont feel like 180 gram though. curious to hear what you guys think though.

got mine yesterday. the arrived fine, but the package was crappy thin cardboard and it was totally NOT SEALED on one side. just wide open. and the packaging is not what i expected at all. ive never seen copies in person of the original presses, but these arent even gatefold. just not what i was expecting at all. havent spun them yet. dont feel like 180 gram though. curious to hear what you guys think though.

the originals werent gatefolded either.

I've seen on the sigur ros boards that they've placed stickers on the actual vinyl jacket. can anyone elaborate on that?

I have yet to recieve mine, but i ordered through norman records rather than fatcat. they were cheaper there. hopefully i wont have the problem of poor shipping.

I've seen on the sigur ros boards that they've placed stickers on the actual vinyl jacket. can anyone elaborate on that?

yes they placed 1.5"-2" black circle stickers that say something like limited DMM remaster 180 Gram. i just noticed it was on the actual cover, i thought it was on the shrink wrap. that sucks. i haven't tried to peel it off or anything.