Ever been to small claims court? (Business idea)

dante3000

I have and it was awful. As the plaintiff you have to front all of the costs for everything (if you win you can attempt to collect them as part of the verdict), it's incredibly expensive. Still, the best feeling is when you hire someone to serve the other guy. Even better than winning the case. When you win there's still the uphill battle of collecting. When you serve someone, they get totally embarrassed in front of whoever is there and they know they got to be in court (bonus if you have them served at work).

So, why not make a serving service? I mean, hire breakdancers and have them certified to serve court summons, subpoenas, garnishment of wages, whatever. I'd pay huge money to have a video of a guy walk up, go, "are you Randy Smith?" throw down a piece of cardboard, bust out and then say, "You've been served", hand over the paper and walk off. Shit would rule.

This is what I think about when it's slow at work.

While not of the ilk you speak of, there are serving services I believe. It can get dangerous.

Like dancing ones, or just dudes who serve? In California it's mandatory that you either hire a server or a police officer to do it. Shit's expensive too.

Also, I'd have options such as singing telegrams ("Wait, it's not my birthday" "You're right, you just got served"), and delivery services (have signature confirmation and a box of chocolates with a note inside that says, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you've been served!").

Slooooowwww day.

While not of the ilk you speak of, there are serving services I believe. It can get dangerous.

Like dancing ones, or just dudes who serve? In California it's mandatory that you either hire a server or a police officer to do it. Shit's expensive too.

Also, I'd have options such as singing telegrams ("Wait, it's not my birthday" "You're right, you just got served"), and delivery services (have signature confirmation and a box of chocolates with a note inside that says, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you've been served!").

Slooooowwww day.

Well no, I think just people in suites and such.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':ln8esm4i]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':ln8esm4i]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

My wife actually does this as part of her work as a criminal defense investigator, but it's more criminal cases instead of small-claims issues. She'll get hired by attorneys to serve witnesses subpoenas and such. She has crazy stories. She has all these ways to trick people into stating their name, at which point she serves them.

isn't this what seth rogan's character in 'pineapple express' did?

i haven't actually seen the movie, just the preview.

Yeah it is. He had a shit ton of costumes in his car and would go about serving people. That's how he witnessed the murder that set the plot of the movie afoot.

i feel like i really need to see this movie.

crap. i watched a movie not that long ago where there was a funny scene in a fancy bar where someone got served and i cant for the life of me remember what movie it was.

this is going to bother me.

Burn After Reading, perhaps? John Malkovich gets served at a bar in that.

YESSSSSS! that's it!

thank you, you just saved me an evening of being bothered by this.

Burn After Reading, perhaps? John Malkovich gets served at a bar in that.

YESSSSSS! that's it!

No problem. It was one of my in-flight movies the other week when I flew to England; it was the second time I had seen it. Amazingly, the scene where (SPOILER ALERT!) Brad Pitt gets capped made the cut for the plane in all its sudden gore, but they blur out the dildo on the contraptions George Clooney makes. I wonder who's in charge of making these decisions.

YESSSSSS! that's it!

No problem. It was one of my in-flight movies the other week when I flew to England; it was the second time I had seen it. Amazingly, the scene where (SPOILER ALERT!) Brad Pitt gets capped made the cut for the plane in all its sudden gore, but they blur out the dildo on the contraptions George Clooney makes. I wonder who's in charge of making these decisions.

Violence more appropriate than sex in the US these days. I really didn't like the movie to be honest. I just watched over this past weekend. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood. I just didn't really find much of it funny.

Violence more appropriate than sex in the US these days. I really didn't like the movie to be honest. I just watched over this past weekend. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood. I just didn't really find much of it funny.

I wasn't blown away by it the first time around, but Coen Bros. movies usually get better after repeat viewing. Burn After Reading is no Lebowski or Raising Arizona, but still pretty good.