Deathwish Inc. Test Presses on eBay

troymess

I don't even know what I have sometimes.

Tre and Dave here were telling me what test presses were what the other day.

Maybe one day I'll make a list.

I'm only looking for a few things really:

The God Machine "One Last Laugh..." LP

Leviathan "A Silhouette In Splinters" LP (Profound Lore)

Leviathan Original Demo cassettes 1998-2002.

-J.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow I just read this thread and this has all gotten way out of hand...............untill you press records people should not comment on how labels get there money. In no way is Deathwish some money hungry powerhouse not in the least and if J wants to sell some stuff hes got lying around on Ebay to raise fund for records fuck yea do it!! Every lable does this and I do not see anything wrong with it gives you an opportunity to get OOP or Rare stuff while still giving back to the label rather then giving it to some asshole flipper who bought it for just that reason plus gives deathwish money to put out more great releases. Seems like a win win situation to me.

i would actually consider it extremely smart for a label to press a record in a /100 variant, and then like a /1000 or /2000 variants. then sell all the /100 variants individually on ebay auction style. if the release is widely available at retail, then why not use the auctions to fund more releases. its the same thing thats done with tests, and its a better receiver of the money than someone reselling that won't reinvest the money into making music. having the release available is really all that matters. paying higher prices than necessary is the consumer's choice.

i'm sure many of you would disagree, but i think this is totally legit.