ebay situation (SFW)

thrillho

situation: i was searching for the best price for a record, found it for BIN on ebay. make the purchase, pay via paypal, get an email confirming the purchase. the purchase was made on friday; sunday night i receive an email saying that the item i purchased is back ordered and will be shipped when it comes back in stock. I checked back to the auction page I bought it from and it says there are 4 still available for purchase. now im kinda pissed.

question: am i right to be ticked off that a BIN item that tells me is available is now telling me that the item isn't available?

the seller is a power seller, so i don't think it's a scam, just bad business.

any thoughts, or has this type of thing ever happened to anyone else here? i'm def gonna write them a strongly worded email (lit by nothing but natural light), but i'd like the input of my internet nerd friendz too.

I'd email him, ask him how long will it be and if that's not soon enough for you, tell him you want a full refund or your filing a claim... If the guy is gonna bitch about it, file a claim and then leave neg feedback once you get your money or item. I seriously have a short fuse when it comes to eBay sellers anymore, especially from power sellers.

situation: i was searching for the best price for a record, found it for BIN on ebay. make the purchase, pay via paypal, get an email confirming the purchase. the purchase was made on friday; sunday night i receive an email saying that the item i purchased is back ordered and will be shipped when it comes back in stock. I checked back to the auction page I bought it from and it says there are 4 still available for purchase. now im kinda pissed.

question: am i right to be ticked off that a BIN item that tells me is available is now telling me that the item isn't available?

the seller is a power seller, so i don't think it's a scam, just bad business.

any thoughts, or has this type of thing ever happened to anyone else here? i'm def gonna write them a strongly worded email (lit by nothing but natural light), but i'd like the input of my internet nerd friendz too.

The exact same thing happened to me too a little while ago (for a Strung Out LP that wasn't available from FAT anymore). Said there was 5 available...but none were actually in stock. The only way I found out was because I emailed the seller 3 weeks after since I hadn't received my order. Anyway, I waited another 2 weeks after that first 3 weeks. The item was still on backorder, so I asked for a refund, which I received in no time.

I really don't think they should be aloud to sell something that they don't physically have in stock.

Don't waste your time sending a long email, stating the obvious. The seller already knows they suck. Ask for your money back, if the seller won't refund it, file a claim. Sellers are not allowed to sell things they don't physically have. Something similarly happened to me. I got my money back and then left neg. This type of thing makes me anoyed.

got a reply back back from this guy:

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in my reply. It appears that the last shipment of these DVDs we received were damaged during transit and we were unable to send your order out as a result. I am sorry for not informing you sooner; I was just informed of this issue myself. Another shipment should arrive at our warehouse within the next 10 days. I will ship this item immediately once we receive it. Again, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and if you have any other concerns at all, please let me know. Thank you very much.

pretttty sure i didn't order a DVD.

Don't waste your time sending a long email, stating the obvious. The seller already knows they suck. Ask for your money back, if the seller won't refund it, file a claim. Sellers are not allowed to sell things they don't physically have. Something similarly happened to me. I got my money back and then left neg. This type of thing makes me anoyed.

It's technically illegal for him to say he has 4 copies in stock and then tell you its backordered. Nullify that muthafuckin' contract.

Amazing what a refund request can do:

We would like you to know that your backorder/special order has shipped!

Your order confirmation # is xxxxxx received on 02/20/09. You will need to refer to your order confirmation # if you e-mail us.

Oh Ebay, sometimes I want to kill you, and sometimes I want to fuck you.

Why do you play these mind games with me??