just received Lagwagon trashed on blue

vinylj26

i dont think there is anything you can do really... i doubt they have any colored copies left, but its worth a shot.

same thing happened to me on the Dead to Me LP - ordered 1st day and got black, lucky enough i ordered another copy a week or 2 later and still got a clear.

Lagwagon live in a dive i also got a black when color was still available.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent Fat an e-mail (pretty jovial for what was essentially a complaint, actually), but now I kind of wish I hadn't.

After reading some of your replies I thought "Ok, let me take another look at this thing..." (a third inspection).

I take it out, Black. I try to read the matrix etchings, black. I hold it up to the light. Reeeally dark Purple. Quite a nice color actually.

Damn, I feel stupid.

I guess thats what happens when you open your mail right after you wake up.

I sent Fat an e-mail (pretty jovial for what was essentially a complaint, actually), but now I kind of wish I hadn't.

After reading some of your replies I thought "Ok, let me take another look at this thing..." (a third inspection).

I take it out, Black. I try to read the matrix etchings, black. I hold it up to the light. Reeeally dark Purple. Quite a nice color actually.

Damn, I feel stupid.

I guess thats what happens when you open your mail right after you wake up.

i knew it sorry this gets a -1 :)

Guest genericinsight

Actually, a girl who posts over at the Strung Out board got a blue An American Paradox Strung Out LP when she ordered, and that color is not only ridiculously rare but Fat said they sold out of them a long time ago (and she just ordered last week). I don't know if Fat actually knows what color the records are, since they never open the records to check the colors - maybe they just get a box from the plant marked with a color on the box and just trust it? It's possible some other colors (i.e. regular black) get mixed in with them... or it's also possible (as with the girl who got a blue AAP) that a blue one was laying around and they didn't realize.

Actually, a girl who posts over at the Strung Out board got a blue An American Paradox Strung Out LP when she ordered, and that color is not only ridiculously rare but Fat said they sold out of them a long time ago (and she just ordered last week). I don't know if Fat actually knows what color the records are, since they never open the records to check the colors - maybe they just get a box from the plant marked with a color on the box and just trust it? It's possible some other colors (i.e. regular black) get mixed in with them... or it's also possible (as with the girl who got a blue AAP) that a blue one was laying around and they didn't realize.

An American Paradox is an exception

its actually listed at fat as:

"13 song CD & LP (210 on blue vinyl. we’ve actually never seen one since the boxes were unmarked. so you might get one!)"

Guest genericinsight

"13 song CD & LP (210 on blue vinyl. we’ve actually never seen one since the boxes were unmarked. so you might get one!)"

hmm true, but I was under the impression that Fat "found" about 10 blue copies of AAP last year. Someone over at the SO board posted about it and Fat made it seem pretty clear that the record was completely OOP, so between that and the comment next to the record, I don't really know what to believe.

hmm true, but I was under the impression that Fat "found" about 10 blue copies of AAP last year. Someone over at the SO board posted about it and Fat made it seem pretty clear that the record was completely OOP, so between that and the comment next to the record, I don't really know what to believe.

I'm old and have been doing mail order with Fat for 10+ years, so here's what to believe. The plant didn't mark the box with the colored vinyl, so it was unknown for years. I bought it from Fat the day it came out and received black vinyl. Fat redesigned their site years later and added pressing info, hence what you see about this LP. A little while later, Fat finally finds the box of colored LPs. The record was never, ever OOP at all. As for just finding 10 copies, that makes no sense. I think it's safe to say they found the box. That was approx. one year ago because I received it when I was in between moves. And they didn't update the site.

Guest genericinsight

I'm old and have been doing mail order with Fat for 10+ years, so here's what to believe. The plant didn't mark the box with the colored vinyl, so it was unknown for years. I bought it from Fat the day it came out and received black vinyl. Fat redesigned their site years later and added pressing info, hence what you see about this LP. A little while later, Fat finally finds the box of colored LPs. The record was never, ever OOP at all. As for just finding 10 copies, that makes no sense. I think it's safe to say they found the box. That was approx. one year ago because I received it when I was in between moves. And they didn't update the site.

that's weird, so you think I should suck it up and order it and see if I get it (if I do it'd definitely save me a shitload of money). I'd just hate to be stuck with another black copy.

that's weird, so you think I should suck it up and order it and see if I get it (if I do it'd definitely save me a shitload of money). I'd just hate to be stuck with another black copy.

It's hard to say. I wouldn't be surprised if they're gone by now. But who knows exactly what they did with them. I think I have 3 or 4 black copies because after they posted that they'd never found the blue ones, I'd throw one in an order every six months or so. Never had any luck, though. Well, until word got out that they found the box

I think I actually spoke to Pat about the Strung Out, thing. I think they got tired of being asked about them (pure speculation) but I'm pretty sure they went through and opened up every one until they found the colored ones. They had to do this by hand. It apparently took some time but they found them and I'm pretty sure they've been sent out.

But I was drunk so I might have remembered incorrectly.

I'd totally want one but I don't want to order again as I already have it on black, and don't need two blacks.

I think I actually spoke to Pat about the Strung Out, thing. I think they got tired of being asked about them (pure speculation) but I'm pretty sure they went through and opened up every one until they found the colored ones. They had to do this by hand. It apparently took some time but they found them and I'm pretty sure they've been sent out.

But I was drunk so I might have remembered incorrectly.

I'd totally want one but I don't want to order again as I already have it on black, and don't need two blacks.

i heard AAP is just like that pixes album.

if you buy 4 copies and put them on four different record players around you room, then play them all at once it sounds amazing.

the trick is you need a 5th copy, BLUE! in the middle of the whole thing. it really brings the record out to it's full potential.