When the memorable member of your band is dead

sgoodcore

sublime is the fucking worst. so is pretty much anyone that listens to sublime.

like seriously stop worshiping this shitty band, take out your eyebrow ring, and stop acting like you can smoke more weed than anyone else.

im so glad the junkie fucking singer died so the world didnt have to endure any more music from this stupid band.

Backed.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sublime is the fucking worst. so is pretty much anyone that listens to sublime.

like seriously stop worshiping this shitty band, take out your eyebrow ring, and stop acting like you can smoke more weed than anyone else.

im so glad the junkie fucking singer died so the world didnt have to endure any more music from this stupid band.

Backed.

This is all too much. I agree the band is fuckin' lame and their songs are played ad nauseum, but I don't think anyone deserves to die for that. The topic was about bands going on after their singer dies, wich would make Sublime's backing musicians the morons in this case. And if Billie Joe does this shit with them I will never stop vomiting.

Backed.

This is all too much. I agree the band is fuckin' lame and their songs are played ad nauseum, but I don't think anyone deserves to die for that. The topic was about bands going on after their singer dies, wich would make Sublime's backing musicians the morons in this case. And if Billie Joe does this shit with them I will never stop vomiting.

You are entitled to your opinion.

he's not dead.. is out in California living the hollywood life in a 2 room duplex with a prostitute names charlotte.. jk.

he's not dead though.

I met Jello last year. He was on a panel discussion I moderated at the Conference On World Affairs. His girlfriend was there, as were his parents. She seemed nice. I have no idea if she was a prostitute or if he's with her now though. Jello was totally weird though.

Boulder High's finest!

At least Jerry Cantrell did a little singing, didn't he?

Yeah, he did, but they actually brought Phil Anselmo(Pantera) on tour as their singer

i could have seen that coming.. phil and jerry are pretty fucking tight.. the stories iv'e heard...

Yeah, he did, but they actually brought Phil Anselmo(Pantera) on tour as their singer

And they did a VH-1 show with the fat-ass from Heart singing. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

what's so bad about Heart? Ann Wilson has a phenomenal voice.. that woman has some pipes on her... Nancy is just as good a musician.. it's just sad that they for some reason that their popularity just went down the shitter once ann started gaining weight. and no other reason.

what's so bad about Heart? Ann Wilson has a phenomenal voice.. that woman has some pipes on her... Nancy is just as good a musician.. it's just sad that they for some reason that their popularity just went down the shitter once ann started gaining weight. and no other reason.

No, their popularity went down the shitter because their crowd-pleasing, neo-hippy garbage became increasingly irrelevant as people learned that "Barracuda" is nothing more than background music for shitty dive bars where scuzzy men in rebel flag do-rags hit on women that look like Ann Wilson. The fact that Heart's music and that of Alice in Chains are completely disparate and that Layne Staley's lyrics reach depths of which Ann Wilson would have no comprehension only makes the mash-up more distasteful. Next, you'll be saying that Carnie Wilson should be fronting the Misfits and we should all keep an open mind because, really, we only dislike the pairing because Carnie Wilson is a fat-ass.

Quite some hate for Sublime goin' on this bitch...I for one (or Juan), like Sublime...have all their albums...and dig the music. But here's my issue...I was there when they played the first Warped Tour...front and center right across from Brad Nowell and he was a fuckin' mess...it was 100% obvious that he was high and didn't have his shit together...I was embarassed for him it was that bad.

Even though this happened...I'm not gonna take credit away from what he did on the recordings. To an extent, he is irreplaceable (sp?).

I agree w/ most of the sentiments on this thread...for a band to try to go on w/ a memorable member after he/she has died or left is an experiment in possible failure.

I did catch Alice In Chains two years ago when they toured w/ the one dude singing...his name escapes me right now...and it was creepy on how exactly like Layne Stayley he sounded.

Quite some hate for Sublime goin' on this bitch...I for one (or Juan), like Sublime...have all their albums...and dig the music. But here's my issue...I was there when they played the first Warped Tour...front and center right across from Brad Nowell and he was a fuckin' mess...it was 100% obvious that he was high and didn't have his shit together...I was embarassed for him it was that bad.

Even though this happened...I'm not gonna take credit away from what he did on the recordings. To an extent, he is irreplaceable (sp?).

I agree w/ most of the sentiments on this thread...for a band to try to go on w/ a memorable member after he/she has died or left is an experiment in possible failure.

I did catch Alice In Chains two years ago when they toured w/ the one dude singing...his name escapes me right now...and it was creepy on how exactly like Layne Stayley he sounded.

I don't have a problem with integral band members being replaced, per se. It's just that when they try to stuff in somebody that is obviously a bad fit, and has no idea as to the true spirit of the music, then it's a bummer. Especially if it's a band that was important to me at some point in my life. I would be upset if Nirvana tried to replace Kurt, but it would be less harsh if it was someone that got what the music was about and not some washed-up poser from another era that couldn't possibly grasp the content of the music.

^^ Agreed 100%

I didn't have a problem w/ the "new" Alice In Chains b/c the guy was an old friend of the band from their early days and had toured w/ Cantrell's band from day one.

I've always had an issue w/ the shit that was pulled by the "Door of the 21st Century" type of stuff. The remaining member of the Doors touring w/ Ian Astbury of The Cult. I always liked The Cult...much love for them...and same for The Doors...but stupid to even think to attempt to replace Jim fuckin' Morrison!!!

The fact that Heart's music and that of Alice in Chains are completely disparate and that Layne Staley's lyrics reach depths of which Ann Wilson would have no comprehension only makes the mash-up more distasteful.

It's funny you should mention that, considering Ann Wilson's voice is all over the Sap EP...

No, their popularity went down the shitter because their crowd-pleasing, neo-hippy garbage became increasingly irrelevant as people learned that "Barracuda" is nothing more than background music for shitty dive bars where scuzzy men in rebel flag do-rags hit on women that look like Ann Wilson. The fact that Heart's music and that of Alice in Chains are completely disparate and that Layne Staley's lyrics reach depths of which Ann Wilson would have no comprehension only makes the mash-up more distasteful. Next, you'll be saying that Carnie Wilson should be fronting the Misfits and we should all keep an open mind because, really, we only dislike the pairing because Carnie Wilson is a fat-ass.

Actually, that's not true. Their popularity dwindled when Ann started gaining weight. Their record sales dwindled. I was around when their boat started sinking and it was very noticeable. Unlike now, the 80's were a totally different era where a woman's popularity as a musician all depended on her looks. There were no overweight woman of popularity amongst the mainstream in the 80's. I'm sure someone who was over the age of 15 at that time would probably agree. I just find it funny how anytime someone makes reference to Heart, it's always Barracuda. It would be the equivelent to making some reference to say Soundgarden and only bringing up BLACK HOLE SUN or a song off that album..Barracuda just seems to be the catchy tune that comes to mind that the general populous knows unfortunately. I'm a fan of the 1st album myself.

As far as making some kind of connection between Alice and Chains and Heart.. well. I don't know what you took from that. It wasn't my intention to do so. I just made a comment regarding that I could see Cantrell getting Phil to sing for Alice in Chains because they were good friends and nothing more. As they are basically family. I never said it was a good match or not. i just made reference that i wasn't surprised if Cantrell had asked phil to sing for them. No one can take Staley's place.

Now comparing the Wilson Sisters to Lane as far as lyrically. They are different by decades. and different bands.. You wouldn't compare Los Crudos to Foo Fighters lyrically would you? or Queensryche to THE ERGS... but just as a side note... they are all from Seattle and therefore have worked with each other and the 90s bands had some mad respect for HEART as a group with alot of the bands referring them as influence at some point. weird huh...

so from that your Carnie Wilson Misfits connection is moot. Though i'd like to see her sing for them.. it's not like it would hurt the bands reputation at this time. They are and always will be the misfits with danzig and no one else..

EDIT: for spelling errors..