What the heck happened?

This board continues to get more sucky

yeah, ive said it before - theres a reason i went from posting on here way too much to barely touching it, and ive gotten to the point where i scan the vinyl forum for news and then leave. the entire everything else board has become an "zomg internet" wasteland.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here's how it all went down:

amprobyn: Hey! I'm here to whore AMP MAGAZINE! 10 posts about it!

dan: This bitch is a troll! Ban her!

jaicomo: yeah!

other people: cry about it

d+j: TREASON WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

various people including d+j: [pictures of historical figures]

flicker: you guys are annoying

jaicomo: treason's happening! put this picture of a monkey in your signature!

dan: HEY I'M FLICKER AND I'M THE ONLY FUNNYMAN HERE

everyone: blah blah blah action figure dioramas about eating cornholes

scott: what the heck happened?

I think I'm glad my boad time has been minimal lurking the past few days otherwise I have a feeling I'd be really annoyed by everything. I find all of this to be dumb/ridiculous and feel like we need to move on now. As far as my two cents go (which doesn't really count for anything anyways) I love dan to death. He's a great guy. Flicker can be funny a good bit and on a bad day his humor just annoys me but I have no beef with him at all. The other guy whose name I can't spell (pjamacomo? No ideaaaa but I ususally go out of my way to ignore his posts anyways) annoys the hell out of me and I think he is a very needy for any sort of attention. I think that covers all parties involved.

The board as a whole I do like it here more than dislike it. There are a lot of cool people who make me smile. I just think sometimes jokes get stretched way too far and blown out of proportion to the point where they aren't funny anymore.

Ok. Time for me to bundle up, brave the cold and figure out where this place O Pioneers is playing is located.

This is a pretty concise and accurate summary. You should get a job writing Cliff's Notes. You might have to change your name to Cliff, though.

FIRST

This is exactly what happened. Totally awesome synopsis.

SECOND

I think I'm glad my boad time has been minimal lurking the past few days otherwise I have a feeling I'd be really annoyed by everything. I find all of this to be dumb/ridiculous and feel like we need to move on now. As far as my two cents go (which doesn't really count for anything anyways) I love dan to death. He's a great guy. Flicker can be funny a good bit and on a bad day his humor just annoys me but I have no beef with him at all. The other guy whose name I can't spell (pjamacomo? No ideaaaa but I ususally go out of my way to ignore his posts anyways) annoys the hell out of me and I think he is a very needy for any sort of attention. I think that covers all parties involved.

The board as a whole I do like it here more than dislike it. There are a lot of cool people who make me smile. I just think sometimes jokes get stretched way too far and blown out of proportion to the point where they aren't funny anymore.

Ok. Time for me to bundle up, brave the cold and figure out where this place O Pioneers is playing is located.

Don't talk to me about name spellings Tnakichu.

Jeez, I didn't realize I had so deeply offended you. Anyhow, thanks for being a total peehole for absolutely no fucking reason.

THIRD

This was totally not a big deal. It was like 2-3 threads that only about 12 people actually read.

FOURTH

Everyone bitching about "this board used to be great" - what is that about? Welcome to the fucking internetz. This is the EVERYTHING ELSE section. It is going to have silly/stupid shit in it. If you are such fucking purists you probably shouldn't ever bother clicking here.

All-in-all I don't know how many fucking feelings got hurt over this total joke (which was certainly funny through the picture stage - I mean, Dan's firing squad picture response was priceless.)

FIFTH

I am so sad about all this homophobic name calling. What if I am really gay? I would def be the catcher.

SIXTH

Everything said, I still love you guys. Even tankichusha or whatever. I am sorry I really made you mad (just her, not the rest of you).

luv u,

Pat

Its a pain to quote since I'm on my phone but to Mr. P , sorry you don't deeply offend me, you male annoying threads I pay no mind to. I just didn't deem it necessary ti say anything until now because it seems like everyones speaking their minds. You may be a nice dude in real life, that's fine but whatever. I'm not going to say things I don't mean or pretend to be nice to people. I will say this, when you're not being obnoxious you can make some decent posts.

Its a pain to quote since I'm on my phone but to Mr. P , sorry you don't deeply offend me, you male annoying threads I pay no mind to. I just didn't deem it necessary ti say anything until now because it seems like everyones speaking their minds. You may be a nice dude in real life, that's fine but whatever. I'm not going to say things I don't mean or pretend to be nice to people. I will say this, when you're not being obnoxious you can make some decent posts.

I am extremely nice in real life.

FIRST

SECOND

Jeez, I didn't realize I had so deeply offended you. Anyhow, thanks for being a total peehole for absolutely no fucking reason.

THIRD

This was totally not a big deal. It was like 2-3 threads that only about 12 people actually read.

FOURTH

Everyone bitching about "this board used to be great" - what is that about? Welcome to the fucking internetz. This is the EVERYTHING ELSE section. It is going to have silly/stupid shit in it. If you are such fucking purists you probably shouldn't ever bother clicking here.

All-in-all I don't know how many fucking feelings got hurt over this total joke (which was certainly funny through the picture stage - I mean, Dan's firing squad picture response was priceless.)

FIFTH

I am so sad about all this homophobic name calling. What if I am really gay? I would def be the catcher.

SIXTH

Everything said, I still love you guys. Even tankichusha or whatever. I am sorry I really made you mad (just her, not the rest of you).

luv u,

Pat

youre the one taking in seriously. with these lengthy posts explaining yourself.

i 100% regret selling you that bno record

FIRST

SECOND

THIRD

FOURTH

FIFTH

SIXTH

luv u,

Pat

youre the one taking in seriously. with these lengthy posts explaining yourself.

i 100% regret selling you that bno record

It 100% mine now!

Truth.

On every board I've been on, it's this attitude that make the board terrible, nine times out of ten anyway.

Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it has to degenerate into discussion that only annoys people.

Truth.

On every board I've been on, it's this attitude that make the board terrible, nine times out of ten anyway.

Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it has to degenerate into discussion that only annoys people.

Way to turn around a completely subjective argument. You can't say any particular discussion is void of worth because it only annoys people. There are two thousand people on this board. How many do you know? And of those people, how many do you think are to blame for this pissing match? Is it just the ones who started the original joke thread, or everyone who responded to it? Or everyone, period?

As for this ridiculous nostalgia about how awesome the board used to be, here are some profound tidbits from the board's early days (no offense to original posters, just trying to illustrate the point that essentially, it's all just chatter):

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=4282

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=4276

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=4269

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=4221

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=4464

Way to turn around a completely subjective argument. You can't say any particular discussion is void of worth because it only annoys people. There are two thousand people on this board. How many do you know? And of those people, how many do you think are to blame for this pissing match? Is it just the ones who started the original joke thread, or everyone who responded to it? Or everyone, period?

As for this ridiculous nostalgia about how awesome the board used to be, here are some profound tidbits from the board's early days (no offense to original posters, just trying to illustrate the point that essentially, it's all just chatter):

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=4282

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=4276

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=4269

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=4221

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=etc&action=display&thread=4464

Dude, you fucking pwn. Seriously. Be my Valentine? (Next year? I candy hearts coming your way).