NOFX - Frisbee LP/Strung Out LP up at Fat Wreck

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still no leak?

Why would you want a leak? I don't want to ruin the experience of new NOFX by hearing crappy mp3s out of context. I want to wait until I pull the record out and put it on the turntable. I know I'm an uber-nerd vinyl snob, but I enjoy the whole magical experience of opening the actual sleeve and having the artwork with me while I listen for the first time. Hell, even to the point of not checking the board to see if it's color or not or what the bonus 7" looks like, just to be totaly surprised.

Why would you want a leak? I don't want to ruin the experience of new NOFX by hearing crappy mp3s out of context. I want to wait until I pull the record out and put it on the turntable. I know I'm an uber-nerd vinyl snob, but I enjoy the whole magical experience of opening the actual sleeve and having the artwork with me while I listen for the first time. Hell, even to the point of not checking the board to see if it's color or not or what the bonus 7" looks like, just to be totaly surprised.

I agree with this somewhat. I love the surprise and the whole experience. However, when it comes to bands I really like, like NOFX, the anticipation gets the better of me and I want to hear it the first possible second I can.

I agree with this somewhat. I love the surprise and the whole experience. However, when it comes to bands I really like, like NOFX, the anticipation gets the better of me and I want to hear it the first possible second I can.

It's hard to resist, don't get me wrong. haha. It's like Xmas morning sometimes.

still no leak?

im glad you enjoy the 'magical experience' , good for you. i, on the other hand dont care about what format i hear it first, i just want to hear the record, so to each his own.

to be honest, though, i kinda just posted that because i was surprised that it still hadn't leaked!

yah i'll listen to it as soon as there's a decent quality rip. if they played the whole album live or something and it got recorded i wouldn't listen to it, i'd wait for a rip. but as soon as it leaks i'll listen to the mp3's. i don't have nearly a high end enough record player/ set-up for it to sound any better on vinyl then as mp3s.

im glad you enjoy the 'magical experience' , good for you. i, on the other hand dont care about what format i hear it first, i just want to hear the record, so to each his own.

to be honest, though, i kinda just posted that because i was surprised that it still hadn't leaked!

I know, I wasn't ripping on you. I am very curious and if the mp3s were put in front of me I couldn't resist. I too am surprised there's no leak yet.