no discussion of Ben Weasel's latest dick move?

justin, WHAT that is awesome.

i don't even know why anyone still pays any attention to this asshat

Yeah in the early 90's(way before my time) the Chicago punk scene was really unified and all kinds of random bands played together because there weren't 500 bands, there was only like 20, so Tony's onld bands Only the Strong and Even Score would play with Screeching Weasel and there a legendary show where Ben got on stage (I believe at the old club McGregors) with a shirt that said, "Fuck Straight Edge" on it...because as you're all learning and/or know, Ben starts shit to get people to pay attention to him and thus builds up the "enigma" Ben has of himself where he thinks his opinion matters.

Well...in those days Tony was a straight edge as they came, and Ben got dragged off stage and they beat the shit out of him.

Of course, this is all shit I've heard about first, second and third-hand...

It's funny, because of my ties to the Methadones, I'm occasionally around all these old Chicago guys (not Ben, he lives in Wisconsin), but guys from Sludgeworth, the Vindictives, Gear, etc...every now and then, I witness the shit talking fest that happens... I kid you not, no one likes Ben. Everyone that has ever dealt with him, universally dislikes him and has 25 reasons to tell you when he's a fucking jackass. It's always hilarious because they all have the funniest stories.

This statement is 100% true.

If you think he's a dick, don't buy his records and don't go see his shows. It's amazing how he's been doing the same fucking shtick for 20 years and people still don't get the fucking joke.

that's why i stopped listening to him and screeching weasel after "My Brain Hurts"

Joe Queer said it best

Ben weasel he's an asshole

ben weasel hes a jerk

You just hate him cuz he don't have to work.

I love me some everything up to How to make enemies.

there is a reason that the line up changed so much,

(Says the guy with a screeching weasel tattoo!)

Yu would do better than this. Drunk.

the 1st part is lyrics to a Queers song.

i was typing and tending to a two year old at the same time.

Your comment was clever, boss.

I can use shift and any key on the board with one hand. Two year old or not you obviously had an extra hand and I doubt your two year old would die with a little extra effort on your typing.

Goddamn, so the guy didn't type very well. Big deal? People write plenty of incoherent drivel on here sometimes. Move on, don't chastise the dude for it.

I can use shift and any key on the board with one hand. Two year old or not you obviously had an extra hand and I doubt your two year old would die with a little extra effort on your typing.

Goddamn, so the guy didn't type very well. Big deal? People write plenty of incoherent drivel on here sometimes. Move on, don't chastise the dude for it.

ironically, you're now chastising the dude for chastising the dude.

Just to be clear, I've been waiting to see Screeching (Ben) Weasel since 1993 and got to see them (him) a few weeks ago in LA. If you've loved this band for 15 minutes or 15 years, you'd be a fucking idiot to miss them (him) live. It was the most fun I've EVER had at a show and worth every year of waiting and every penny of the (GASP) $17 (not punk). If you want to act like a 15 year old girl and talk shit, point fingers, or feel superior, sit at home and sulk or talk shit on the internet. The gig will sell out and no one will miss you. Put your silly shit talking and side taking aside for a night and be thankful that bands you missed are hard up for cash and will periodically play shows WITHOUT mailing it in. Don't worry, Gaslight will break up, reunite without a member 10 years from now, and you can do this whining all over again then.

Guest smccown13
Just to be clear, I've been waiting to see Screeching (Ben) Weasel since 1993 and got to see them (him) a few weeks ago in LA. If you've loved this band for 15 minutes or 15 years, you'd be a fucking idiot to miss them (him) live. It was the most fun I've EVER had at a show and worth every year of waiting and every penny of the (GASP) $17 (not punk). If you want to act like a 15 year old girl and talk shit, point fingers, or feel superior, sit at home and sulk or talk shit on the internet. The gig will sell out and no one will miss you. Put your silly shit talking and side taking aside for a night and be thankful that bands you missed are hard up for cash and will periodically play shows WITHOUT mailing it in. Don't worry, Gaslight will break up, reunite without a member 10 years from now, and you can do this whining all over again then.

I'm not involved here, but +1 for passion.

I'm with Zak on this one. Unless Ben has personally slighted anyone here, why does it matter? I get it that it's popular to hate on Ben Weasel and call him a dick, it has been for years. In my opinion, there's a lot of jealousy out there because he made a name for himself and some money playing punk rock.

I flew out to Chicago to see the first show Ben did at Reggie's and had a blast. I have my ticket for Austin ready to go as long as I can find a reasonable flight and a place to stay. I've been listening to Screeching Weasel since 1990 or so and I love the music. I could give a shit about the band politics and the he said she said garbage. As long as Ben gets on stage, rips through a killer set of tunes and doesn't personally attack me, I'm all good.

real talk

You got me there!

what a dick, it's a message board not a english composition pal, but just in case i miss some punctuation marks here are some extras

.....................................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???????

put them where you need them.

yea, screeching weasel is playing here one day and then the riverdales are playing the following night.. so anyone going to the austin show gets to see the two nights of the dickbag.. fuck he's a douche, but they did write some catchy tunes, and as long as i hear "I hate Led Zeppelin" it's all good.