Thomas Gabel interviews Christopher Hannah

If this isn't a joke (and it sounds like shit Chris would say) this is the most epic burn:

TG: After over 15 years with Fat Wreck Chords what made you decide to leave? I’ve read that it was over conflicting political ideals with Fat Mike. True? And if so how come it took you song long to figure out what his political ideals were and that you disagreed with them?

CH: To be honest, Fat just didn't express any interest or enthusiasm in the record we were making. We asked if they wanted to do it and the only responses we would get from Mike (three weeks later) were some stories about how he was too busy too negotiate the terms because he was gambling in Vegas. Obviously, that is not the level of enthusiasm you want to have behind something you've worked really hard on, so we just thought we'd do it on our own. It seems to have been the right decision too: the record isn't even out yet and the people we work with (at Smallman Records in our hometown of Winnipeg) have managed to generate about a million times more interest in the record than any other record we've ever put out. Mike's a nice enough guy as far as I remember (I haven't had a conversation with him in years) but, yeah, the things he's interested in culturally and politically don't really resonate with me and I knew that back in 1993. Where we come from, money and celebrity don't count for very much.

BETTER

TG: Which album of yours does Fat Mike like the least?

CH: I'm not sure. I would suspect it would be anything we released after 1993. I remember him having a rather limited musical palette. Anything that didn't sound like a musical cartoon was "death metal" to him.

TG: I’ve heard that you aren’t a fan of Myspace, AP magazine, or meat. Which would you rather be forced to do: read 10,000 straight issues of AP Magazine front to back (no skipping articles and you have to examine every picture), answer 10,000 Myspace messages or eat one hamburger?

CH: I haven't seen a copy of that AP magazine since about 2004, but if it were anything like it was back then, reading it would be equivalent to committing suicide, so I might just cut to the chase and shoot myself in the face with a bazooka. I'm pretty sure we have a Myspace page that Todd maintains, so I can't really mount the old high horse on that one. Can the burger be made of people? I might eat it in that case.

hahaha

This is the most disappointing interview I've ever read. Way to skim the shallowest of surfaces, Tom Gabel. Jesus Christ, for someone who claims to have so many political convictions (whether he sticks to them or not) and claims to love Propagandhi so much, the fact that he only really talked to him about the music bizzz is pathetic.

I really can't stand people who make eating meat some kind of moral thing. Poor treatment of animals is a moral thing, eating meat isn't.

this.

i don't listen to propagandi, nor do i have any idea what this christopher person is really like, but this interview makes this dude seem like he's trying way way too hard to be 'vegan cool' or anti-mainstream or something.

I really can't stand people who make eating meat some kind of moral thing. Poor treatment of animals is a moral thing, eating meat isn't.

this.

i don't listen to propagandi, nor do i have any idea what this christopher person is really like, but this interview makes this dude seem like he's trying way way too hard to be 'vegan cool' or anti-mainstream or something.

no, he's a crazy, opinionated, asshole, activist metal / punk-dude, that lives in the Canadian wilderness. That guy really isn't trying to be anti-establishment, he's sort of the definition of it, he just happens to be in a popular band.

this.

no, he's a crazy, opinionated, asshole, activist metal / punk-dude, that lives in the Canadian wilderness. That guy really isn't trying to be anti-establishment, he's sort of the definition of it, he just happens to be in a popular band.

I'm opinionated as well and believe there's no use in fighting people who want to eat meat. Its so fruitless and ridiculous. Its like being intolerant of Christianity completely because some Christians are intolerant of non-Christians.