Who the fuck books Fake Problems at a +21 bar?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically. Yeah. You are lame for wanting to exclude a certain group of people from having a good time. I don't see how I'm wrong to feel that way?

Wouldn't this have more to do with Riverboat Gamblers since they are the headliners? I see that there's no advance tickets for this show, either. I don't know anything about this place but I sure hope there's no chance of it selling out since I'm coming from out of town.

It's a bar, stage setup area isn't very big. Get there early to make sure you've got a spot.

Thank you, sir

The thing I fail to see here is something that would hamper a show experience that is exclusive to an underage crowd. . Also, if we are going to go with personal experiences, I've had more issues with drunk adults than talky teens.

Really, we're just going to have to agree to disagree here. I will continue to think you're lame and you can continue to think whatever it is you may think about me and we can both contently move on with our lives. :)

Huh, ok. You're right. I shouldn't judge you as a person based on an opinion. I do feel that maybe you're looking into my statement a little too much in this case. If I were to restate my opinion in a way that doesn't offend I would say "21+ shows are lame, and those who like them better have lame OPINIONS."

Do you feel better now?

All ages shows have their place in the world, but 21+ shows aren't about exclusion they're about keeping venues open. All you need is an all ages show with some fucking kid getting drunk before the show, getting hurt and suing the venue saying they served them. This has happened in my town and its caused places to get shut down.

Let alone the basic liability. Retarded parents suing venues because their little darlings get hurt in a mosh pit have also shut down countless venues. It isn't a matter of screwing over under age kids, its about not putting their short term desires over the survival of a business.

All ages shows have their place in the world, but 21+ shows aren't about exclusion they're about keeping venues open. All you need is an all ages show with some fucking kid getting drunk before the show, getting hurt and suing the venue saying they served them. This has happened in my town and its caused places to get shut down.

Let alone the basic liability. Retarded parents suing venues because their little darlings get hurt in a mosh pit have also shut down countless venues. It isn't a matter of screwing over under age kids, its about not putting their short term desires over the survival of a business.

Good points.

Good points, but Ian MacKaye would still be disappointed my dear friends.

I certainly do not disagree there that 21+ shows as far as a venue is concerned is for business purposes. I have no issue with that. What I do take issue with is the "I prefer 21+ shows" attitude because that IS exclusionary.

And in this particular case, that is a Fake Problems show, whos bright idea was it to book a 21+ show? Punk rock is for kids.

I'm with Scripted on this one...fuck the kids!

Seriously though I hate going to shows and being around all those annoying little scenester fucks. If you're under 21 and not like this, I understand your frustration completely. On the other hand, I don't really think people should be excluded. Solution: bring back segregation, except this time make it by age!

I certainly do not disagree there that 21+ shows as far as a venue is concerned is for business purposes. I have no issue with that. What I do take issue with is the "I prefer 21+ shows" attitude because that IS exclusionary.

And in this particular case, that is a Fake Problems show, whos bright idea was it to book a 21+ show? Punk rock is for kids.

It's not really an attitude. It's a reaction. If you drink milk and chocolate milk, it's ok to like one over the other. You're not sitting there thinking "I like chocolate milk and I'm so glad that milk doesn't have chocolate in it!"

But what if the chocolate really wants to be all up in your milk?

Personally I loved all ages shows up until I turned 24 and had to deal with the 15/16 year old dudes trying to fight me cause their girl got bumped in the pit or sticking their fucking elbows out around her so no one touches her when they're standing up front (sorry dude your girlie with the a cup isn't why i'm pushing up front, its the fucking band), or even better being called a pervert because i'm at a all ages show. Its retarded and I'm sick of having to deal with the paranoia of babies. The lame kids out weigh the cool ones 50 to 1. I prefer 18+ shows any day of the week.

Music should accessible to everyone, and it should also be cheap. I understand the frustration when "adults" don't want to be around the "scenester fuck heads" but music in its purest form should be accessible to EVERYONE. I see this all the time, my band has played one 18+ show, and it was a bad experience for us (more than one factor made it a terrible time), so we make it a point to only play all ages shows at all ages venues/peoples basements/local libraries instead of places with a bar. I don't know where I'm going with this anymore, I lost my train of thought.

I understand both sides of the coin. I know in a few months, I will prefer +21 shows. I will be one of the dudes at the back bar at the all ages shows watching from afar if the crowd is lame. But come on, if a few kids wanna see a band, let them in, give them Xes on their hands or something.

But come on, if a few kids wanna see a band, let them in, give them Xes on their hands or something.

Hahahaha, my girlfriend used to HATE getting Xs.

Anyway, I have to say that if I have a choice, like, say when bands play two night and one is all ages and one is 21+, I choose 21+. But all ages shows are good, and generally only annoying when its a "bigger" band. I mean, going to see an all ages Alkaline Trio show = obnoxious. But for local and smaller bands I couldn't care less. Plus having the kids around reminds me of my youth (I'm old for my age).

I just go in the pit and throw bows like no body's business until the girls and the look-like-girls are gone.

No I don't, I just climb over them, because if its a show that I'm not at the back of the bar for the drinks, it's a hardcore show and I'm pretending everyone wants me to sing into the mic instead of the singer.

21+ shows are so much better than all-ages.

backed ..

im glad they are playing a 21+ show over here

You know what, now that I think about it, I don't know if I've ever been to a 21+ show that wasn't a local band of older people playing at a bar for the sake of live-music-at-a-bar instead of a touring concert.