photo critique me!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience with a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD (IF) or any Tamron lenses? I'm shooting the Hornets starting in January and I need a 70-200 f2.8 really badly. I want the Canon IS but I'd have to get a new body and I think $1800 is over my budget.

Also, if anyone has used the Nikon d90, how is it? I've had the d70 for almost 5 years but I really really really need higher ISO and all that.

Does anyone have experience with a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD (IF) or any Tamron lenses? I'm shooting the Hornets starting in January and I need a 70-200 f2.8 really badly. I want the Canon IS but I'd have to get a new body and I think $1800 is over my budget.

Also, if anyone has used the Nikon d90, how is it? I've had the d70 for almost 5 years but I really really really need higher ISO and all that.

get a used d300. i love mine. www.nikonians.org

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm really blown away by how awesome all of your pictures are! Every one!

I need some practice, but:

if that was directed at me, well thank you very much indeed!

i don't think you need practice at all! if i could give a few pieces of advice it would be to take your camera with you everywhere you go, and don't hesitate to take a shot. the one day you don't take your camera out with you will be the one day that one of those perfect photo opportunities pops up and you will kick yourself over and over for not having a way of documenting it.

oh, and just have fun with it! i love every single aspect of photography, even down to the noise my AV-1's shutter makes. <3

Some girl who did work experience with us a few months ago sent in some "professional" live shots from a tour our mag put on. They were fucking terrible and i have just finished sending them back. Digital cameras have done almost as much harm as they have good, finding decent photographers is like trying to uncover a diamond in a sea of shit.

edit: this is in no way a dig at anyone here by the way, i actually love loads of the pics everyone has posted!

Some girl who did work experience with us a few months ago sent in some "professional" live shots from a tour our mag put on. They were fucking terrible and i have just finished sending them back. Digital cameras have done almost as much harm as they have good, finding decent photographers is like trying to uncover a diamond in a sea of shit.

edit: this is in no way a dig at anyone here by the way, i actually love loads of the pics everyone has posted!

i agree with you 110%.

people like that also make it 10 times harder for the people who actually invest time & money into our chosen profession. they get an slr & think that means they too can take fabulous photos. charging a reasonable rate for promos/anything like that is nearly impossible, because bands flock to these two-bit 'photographers' who will do stuff dirt cheap or for free.

I'm really blown away by how awesome all of your pictures are! Every one!

I need some practice, but:

if that was directed at me, well thank you very much indeed!

i don't think you need practice at all! if i could give a few pieces of advice it would be to take your camera with you everywhere you go, and don't hesitate to take a shot. the one day you don't take your camera out with you will be the one day that one of those perfect photo opportunities pops up and you will kick yourself over and over for not having a way of documenting it.

oh, and just have fun with it! i love every single aspect of photography, even down to the noise my AV-1's shutter makes. <3

I meant it towards everyone, you included of course! Your picture of the cat sun bathing has to be one of my favorite animal photos I've seen in a long while. I feel like I know the cat just looking at it. Odd, I know, but true. I really appreciate any advice people can give me, so thank you! I try to always have my sony point and shoot on me/in my car so that if an opportunity comes up I can take advantage, but there's still plenty of times where I don't when I should.