sleep calling/talking/texting

so i had a roommate who used to sit up in bed and have whole conversations with me while she was asleep. it got to the point that even when she was awake and in bed, if she started talking to me i'd ignore her and she'd have to make it a point that she was indeed awake and i should respond. we even had a codeword she had to say to let me know she was really awake.

WELL. my boyfriend has, in the past, texted me weird things at night and called me and we talked and he doesn't remember, but last night takes the cake. he started texting me weird mispelled stuff around 1:30am, then called at 2am wondering what i was doing, lol. sleeping, duh. he then proceeded to talk very loudly about how much he loved me, then repeated that his phone didnt ring when i called about 10 times, even though i tried to assure him there was no need to say it that many times.

i asked him about it this morning and he said he has no recollection of the texting or calling. better yet, he updated his twitter with nonsense and doesn't remember doing that either, lol. i blame the iphone.

sometimes i wake up and my phone is open with about 7 drafts saved that i tried to send to people that i dont remember typing, so i sort of do this too lol

does anyone else do/know anyone who does this?

True story:

When I was a kid I used to sleep walk. One time I walked into my parents bedroom, opened up their closet, dropped my pants. My mom goes "What are you doing Scott?" I told her I was going to the bathroom.

I was this close to pissing in their closet, haha.

lol i'm pretty sure my mom has told me stories about her brother doing that as a kid. that and he used to make himself sandwiches, have conversations with people, then all of a sudden look startled, look around and say 'i'm going to bed!' and go back to bed.

my friend also used to sleep walk and her mom had to put 2 deadbolts on the doors because she'd walk around the neighborhood, ring doorbells and invite herself in.

This has happened to me while drunk but never while sleeping.

haha yeah i've gotten one or two drunk calls, but this was definitely not one of them.

Interesting A-Money!

I used to sleep walk when I was younger, and I'm sure I do now, but I guess I have no way of knowing.

Well, once I got out of bed, walked through my parents room, took my clothes off and got in the shower with the door open and the shower radio on at about 3 in the morning. My dad asked me what I was doing and I got out of the shower, put my clothes back on and got back into bed soaking wet.

Weird shit.

True story:

When I was a kid I used to sleep walk. One time I walked into my parents bedroom, opened up their closet, dropped my pants. My mom goes "What are you doing Scott?" I told her I was going to the bathroom.

I was this close to pissing in their closet, haha.

I did the exact same thing when I was a kid, except replace your parents closet for my fridge while my family was watching TV in the next room.

Interesting A-Money!

I used to sleep walk when I was younger, and I'm sure I do now, but I guess I have no way of knowing.

Well, once I got out of bed, walked through my parents room, took my clothes off and got in the shower with the door open and the shower radio on at about 3 in the morning. My dad asked me what I was doing and I got out of the shower, put my clothes back on and got back into bed soaking wet.

Weird shit.

I did this one as well, except I woke up right when the water hit my face.

One of my best girlfriends just told me that she had the same thing happen last night. She didn't call anybody, but just wrote something crazy in her notepad (also iphone) when she was asleep.

As far as stuff that has happened to me goes, I was at sleepaway summer camp when I was 12/13, and I apparently started talking in my sleep... in Spanish. There was some commotion one night outside of our cabin because it was all out prank war between the girls' and boys' camps. The dudes were trying to assault us once again and I guess I heard them but didn't wake up but caused me to start the babbling in my sleep. In doing this I woke a couple of the other girls up, one of which started taping me (for more than 5 minutes). That's about when the dudes ran in and drenched us all in saltwater, finally waking me up. I saw the video and I was talking about earthquakes, saving my dog from danger, and my little brother's crib, as well as some other random shit. I think I was reliving the events of the '94 quake. I wish I remembered the girl who took it, and that she still had the video... but this was long before youtube, so I doubt it still exists.

one of the many reasons i don't drink, lol.

one of the reasons I do!

no, but seriously, sleep anything besides sleep is such a strange thing! My mom used to sleepwalk and there would be obstacles set up, so she would bump into them and wake herself up and she would just walk around them all. sleep texting sounds hard.

sleep walking/talking is funny stuff.

My little brother used to sleep walk all the time when he had to go to the bathroom. He'd always ask where my dad was, and often he would ask my dad that same question. My dad would then direct him to the bathroom. Funniest thing my little brother said while sleep walking was "Where's Mars?" in a sleepy out of it voice.

One of my friends was sleep walking when he slept over one night and my dad was a wake. He just walked around the house, opened the back door and stood there for a while and then went back to bed. My dad and I laughed for a long time.

You guys know how stuff that happens in real life sometimes incorporates itself in strange ways in your dreams? Well, I read this thread right before bed and then I had a dream that A-Money was sleep texting me. Apparently (in my dream) everyone I know had to be on this little boat before sun-up or else they couldn't eat dinner ever again. A$ was the only one who knew about it, but she only knew about it in her sleep. Then I was on this boat next to an old fisherman who turned out to be my brother. I don't remember the rest, but my dreams are always very, very weird.

I've apparently had full conversations with people in my sleep. girlfriends, siblings, and parents have all gotten mad at me at some point because we've discussed things that I have absolutely no recollection of. It became a running joke of sorts with one girlfriend because we both did it pretty often.

I've only be caught sleepwalking once, my mom found me in the laundry room, "packing for my trip to the arctic."

You guys know how stuff that happens in real life sometimes incorporates itself in strange ways in your dreams? Well, I read this thread right before bed and then I had a dream that A-Money was sleep texting me. Apparently (in my dream) everyone I know had to be on this little boat before sun-up or else they couldn't eat dinner ever again. A$ was the only one who knew about it, but she only knew about it in her sleep. Then I was on this boat next to an old fisherman who turned out to be my brother. I don't remember the rest, but my dreams are always very, very weird.

hahaha kinda like that time i had the dream about amprobyn being in a canoe and i flipped it over and then texted dan about it?

hahaha kinda like that time i had the dream about amprobyn being in a canoe and i flipped it over and then texted dan about it?

Something like that! :D Why does it always involve a boat?

One of my best girlfriends just told me that she had the same thing happen last night. She didn't call anybody, but just wrote something crazy in her notepad (also iphone) when she was asleep.

As far as stuff that has happened to me goes, I was at sleepaway summer camp when I was 12/13, and I apparently started talking in my sleep... in Spanish. There was some commotion one night outside of our cabin because it was all out prank war between the girls' and boys' camps. The dudes were trying to assault us once again and I guess I heard them but didn't wake up but caused me to start the babbling in my sleep. In doing this I woke a couple of the other girls up, one of which started taping me (for more than 5 minutes). That's about when the dudes ran in and drenched us all in saltwater, finally waking me up. I saw the video and I was talking about earthquakes, saving my dog from danger, and my little brother's crib, as well as some other random shit. I think I was reliving the events of the '94 quake. I wish I remembered the girl who took it, and that she still had the video... but this was long before youtube, so I doubt it still exists.

[image]

this is all i could think about after reading this post.