Do your punk ethics conflict with...?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Juan, you pick your battles. 99.9% of the music I buy independently, and when I do it's usually for gifts for family members for christmas gifts, etc...

I just try to spend money at as few chain stores as possible.

it's a double edged sword, you can't claim total independence unless you live in the wilderness in a mud hut.

Agreed completely.

Is it punk to spend thousands of dollars to have all the different colors of vinyl shipped to my nice condo where I live while I am at law school?

No, but it makes you a queefballoon.

HAHA... Well he did say that he's going into law.

Besides, is has anyone other than G.G. Allin ever actually been punk?

Didn't answer my question.

uh

G.G. Allin was a misanthrope, not a punk.

I was thinking that too, but I'm not super familiar with his...um...colorful life (other than the fact that he, in my opinion, was a total douchebag), so I didn't want to get into it with anybody.

At least nobody can say we exclude people on this board since we have both queefballoons and fuckbags! Party!

I think punk helped shape my ethics, but I dont give a shit about "punk ethics." I don't shop at Walmart because I disagree with their stance on censoring art, but if I was falling down poor I'd be there in a heart beat. Punk did change the way I look at the world and made me look for ways to help people around me. I dont think I'd be working in public health or with non-profits if I grew up listening to Top 40 instead of a lot of activist music. Maybe I would've thanks to my folks (dad is a pastor and mom's always worked in non-profits) but I always wanted to be a part of making a difference some place. Punk made me look at the sad state of existence in education, society, and charity, and it made me want to try and become part of the solution. It isn't very punk to work for the government but I think I more than make up for it by giving a different world view when it comes to addressing policy in the health department i work at.

Its possible to have punk ethics without worrying about uping the Punx

Guest drahtuos
Besides, is has anyone other than G.G. Allin ever actually been punk?

Didn't answer my question.

G.G. Allin was a misanthrope, not a punk.

i'm a misanthrope, i hate all of you but not really. i do hate people in general. i have no punk ideals and i have a walmart tattoo but really i don't.

Guest duhpunk

what are these mom and pop stores you speak of? around here, they're known as Tito and Juan stores...specializing in expired Yoo-Hoo, Mondo, and Crispy M&Ms. Free tetanus shots if you save up 5 receipts.