PO: GREEN DAY “Insomniac!” LP

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

GREEN DAY “Insomniac!” LP

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/Reprise46046

With all these Green Day reissues on vinyl, not only does it bring me back to a time in place that I remember fondly, but it also reminds me of how much of a dumbass I was. You see, when this album originally came out in 1995, Green Day had become one of the biggest bands out of nowhere and becoming that successful in Punk Rock was very taboo. In the mid to late 90’s (and probably even earlier), being a fan of punk rock meant you could not like bands that became commercially successful. If a band signed to a major or had a big hit single on radio, the band was considered a sellout. When Dookie came out in 1993/94, this was my first exposure to punk rock (I was a college freshman) and I ate it up. 2 years later, I considered myself a veteran punk rocker and therefor could not like Green Day. I know, I know, this was a fucking stupid mindset, but because I was brainwashed as such, I could not like Insomniac no matter how great the album was. Even today, I couldn’t tell you what songs are on this album and thanks to this re-issue, I will be listening to this album with fresh ears and maybe a little smarter.

How do you feel “Insomniac” holds up to Green Day’s other albums? Having a bit of a Green Day gap in listening, my favorites are Kerplunk, then Dookie, then probably American Idiot.

This is a pre-order, we shoudl have copies by mid May.

Guest Admin
i think i will buy one of the many copies off ebay for 12.99 instead

makes sense. I think these were intended to be 180 gram when they set up the price, but it looks like this one is regular weight.

Guest markovianprocess
i think i will buy one of the many copies off ebay for 12.99 instead

makes sense. I think these were intended to be 180 gram when they set up the price, but it looks like this one is regular weight.

That's pretty shitty of the label not to change the price after deciding it wouldn't be 180 gram. It's a shame because I was quite excited at the idea of owning all my favourite Green Day releases. Now it just feels like the label are out to pry every last penny out of the fans.

You see, when this album originally came out in 1995, Green Day had become one of the biggest bands out of nowhere and becoming that successful in Punk Rock was very taboo. In the mid to late 90’s (and probably even earlier), being a fan of punk rock meant you could not like bands that became commercially successful.

Oh my! How things have changed.

;)