WTF? (Dead Format BETA Content)

So, let me get this straight: If I want to take something out of one section and put it into another (Example: Take something out of Incoming and put it in LPs) I have to delete the entire first section and then enter it again without the item I want removed? Also, DF automatically puts things in alphabetical order, so if I want each band's records arranged chronologically I'm SOL? Really? Did they try to make this as user unfriendly as possible? Yeah, it looks better, but it's a pain in the dick.

Guest adam526

Just click 'edit' of the section the record is in, and then click the little symbol next to the record you want to remove and there's a delete button. When adding click "Add to my list", choose which section you want it in, and just type that record in, not your whole list, it'll add it twice. Trust me, I learned the hard way.

Actually, I had a problem with both. Adam, I figured that part out. Alerthemute, that's what sucks. I have the Decemberists Singles Series, and on the old DF I had Vol. 1, Vol. 2, & Vol. 3 right after the name of the set (on separate lines). Now, since it's all alphabetical, those three records go right after Velvet Underground instead of under Decemberists. Also, yeah. I would like to have each section alphabetical by band and then each band's stuff chronological. I just think the old DF was a lot more user friendly. The new one would be much much better if it just had a drag & drop feature instead of having to go through like 10 steps to get a record where you want it.

Guest markovianprocess

The thing that really annoyed me was having to list everything like "Decemberists, The" instead of "The Decemberists". While changing every entry like that you need to save each one separately. It seems like a big step backwards to have a nicer looking tradelist.

Guest markovianprocess
I had to do that anyhow for my Excel spreadsheet, but I am sure it sucks to do it all at one to an existing list.

Yes, but on Excel you've got the one save button you can use once you've edited everything on your list. With DF now you have to edit one entry then save it, then the next then save it...and so on. It's very irritating.

I had to do that anyhow for my Excel spreadsheet, but I am sure it sucks to do it all at one to an existing list.

Yes, but on Excel you've got the one save button you can use once you've edited everything on your list. With DF now you have to edit one entry then save it, then the next then save it...and so on. It's very irritating.

What I did was when you copy/paste in the old list I edited them all there before they got added so I didn't have to save after doing each line.

i have to list mine like this to get it the way i want to. i don't like how its automatically in alphabetical order because i list the bands releases by release date not name

7 INCH RECORDS (T)

01. The Tank - ...Standing In Your Way - Black w/ insert - Dr. Strange Records

02. Taxicab Samurais - Standing Alone In A Crowded Room- out of print - Roulette Records

03. Throw Rag - Self-titled - Out Of Print/White Sleeve - Hellcat Records

04. Tiltwheel - Razorcake Sister Series Vol. 1 - #491/500 - Razorcake Magazine

05. Toys That Kill - Razorcake Sister Series Vol. 1 - #265/500 - Razorcake Magazine

06. Transplants - Diamonds And Guns - Picture Disc - Hellcat Records/ Epitaph Europe

07. Tuesday - Early Summer - 2,000 on Black - Asian Man Records

7 INCH RECORDS (U)

01. Usuals - On The Lover's Circuit: Limited Series Vol. One - Dark Green Swirl (#225/330) - No Idea Records

02. Usuals - On The Lover's Circuit: Limited Series Vol. Two - Dark Green Swirl (#196/330) - No Idea Records

7 INCH RECORDS (V)

01. Vision - Self-titled - Out Of Print w/ booklet - New Scene Records

02. Vision - Undiscovered - Out of Print - New Scene Records

03. Vision - One And The Same - 500 on Blue Marble (Dark Blue) - Corrupted Image Records

04. Vision - One And The Same - 500 on Blue Marble (Light Blue) - Corrupted Image Records

05. Vision - One And The Same - Black Vinyl - Corrupted Image Records

7 INCH RECORDS (W)

01. White Kaps - Salad Daze - white vinyl - Fearless Records

02. White Kaps - Salad Daze - black vinyl - Fearless Records

03. White Kaps - Wooly Bully - clear blue vinyl - Fearless Records

04 .Worthless - The Revenge Of Dr. Stanley - out of print - Aneurysm Fanzine Recprds

7 INCH RECORDS (Y)

01. The Youth Ahead - Package - Clear Red (came with CD) - Gig Records