NOFX - White Trash - Skipping?

i just got the repress over the weekend and it skips like crazy during stickin in my eye and bob. anyone else have any problems with this?

its almost impressive how much this skips. i started to think about how interesting it would be if a label put out a record in which they knew skipped and just did so to see how many people would contact them about the problem. just to "experiment" and see how many people actually listen to their records.

all is level and well. i actually just got a new turntable about 2 weeks ago and have had nothing but good luck with it since i set it up. i've made minor adjustments when i have had to but with the exception of that repress of goddamnit i haven't picked up a new record that skips this bad.

I have the same problem with my Punk in Drublic and SLATFATS represses. My original PID works fine, its just the represses that are giving me problems.

I dont have any skipping problems like this with any of my other records. This is to big of a coincidence to be just turntable problems.

If there are so many people who are having the same problem, its obviously a pressing defect. The records should play on all turntables without a problem (assuming the turntable is set up correctly). If this is happening with a majority of the Epitaph represses, shouldnt something have been caught in the test presses? Did they even listen/make any test presses?

I have the same problem with my Punk in Drublic and SLATFATS represses. My original PID works fine, its just the represses that are giving me problems.

I dont have any skipping problems like this with any of my other records. This is to big of a coincidence to be just turntable problems.

If there are so many people who are having the same problem, its obviously a pressing defect. The records should play on all turntables without a problem (assuming the turntable is set up correctly). If this is happening with a majority of the Epitaph represses, shouldnt something have been caught in the test presses? Did they even listen/make any test presses?

i don't think its happening to the majority, the majority of people who have working copies probably are just ignoring this thread. This thread doesn't provide an unbiased sample group. I do find it strange though that some people have problems and others clearly don't when it should all be the same pressing plates.

i don't think its happening to the majority, the majority of people who have working copies probably are just ignoring this thread. This thread doesn't provide an unbiased sample group. I do find it strange though that some people have problems and others clearly don't when it should all be the same pressing plates.

I didnt actually mean a majority of the people...i meant a majority of the nofx represses. So far ive heard people having problems with white trash, punk in drublic, and SLATFATS. Not so sure about heavy petting zoo (eating lamb). Although my Liberal Anamation worked fine. It seems like something when wrong with these represses. Or not enough time or care was put into them. It seems like Epitaph could have just rushed the pressings to get them into the stores.

Also, from what Ive heard, the ones that skip all seem to skip on the same exact songs.

Obviously this cant just be a coincidence.

But youre right, they should all be from the same plates and all sound the same. Maybe some styluses are a little wider than others, and because of this they may pick up these defects?

Make - Yes

Listen - Maybe (doubt they listen to them all)

haha isnt that the point of a "test" press...to test it?

many labels i'm sure listen to at least some of them (probably not all of them if they make 10 of the same test press). Or at least the pressing plant probably checks out to see if a copy sounds all right.