Scariest movies?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own 3 Extremes and I found 'Box' to be my least favourite. 'Dumpings' was disturbing as fuck and I love almost anything Park Chanwook does, so that could be why 'Box' was at the bottom of the pile for me.

I echo Frontier(s) and the first half of 'High Tension' (Dean Koontz's book is pretty entertaining and doesn't contain the weak plot twist the movie had). I find suspense thrillers to be far more scary than horrors, but I love anything that gets me spooked and my blood pumping!

I've never been as scared as I was the first time I watched 'Box,' the final segment of 3 Extremes.

Also, I thought Funny Games was absolutely terrifying.

I just looked up Funny Games but which version should I watch the original German film or the 2007 remake

the original austria version is way better.

i don't know what a film name because i watch it when i was 6-7 years old.

it's a chinese film about world war 2 when japanese troop arrest some chinese people for test bio weapon.

that's so terrible....

Oh my god, Yu wins this thread. I think you're talking about 'Manchu Squadron 731: The Men Behind the Sun.' One of the most disturbing movies ever.

When I saw this movie, my friend and I were in line at the video store. I asked the clerk for the movie, and the guy behind me in line tapped me on the shoulder and said "I don't think you want to see that film."

I own 3 Extremes and I found 'Box' to be my least favourite. 'Dumpings' was disturbing as fuck and I love almost anything Park Chanwook does, so that could be why 'Box' was at the bottom of the pile for me.

I saw Dumplings a few days ago...fucking weird, man! I didn't really understand the ending, it wasn't very clear.

i don't know what a film name because i watch it when i was 6-7 years old.

it's a chinese film about world war 2 when japanese troop arrest some chinese people for test bio weapon.

that's so terrible....

Oh my god, Yu wins this thread. I think you're talking about 'Manchu Squadron 731: The Men Behind the Sun.' One of the most disturbing movies ever.

When I saw this movie, my friend and I were in line at the video store. I asked the clerk for the movie, and the guy behind me in line tapped me on the shoulder and said "I don't think you want to see that film."

This has me intrigued... it sounds like the premise is historically accurate but I can't even imagine where the bio tests take the movie. They really did that shit though.

This has me intrigued... it sounds like the premise is historically accurate but I can't even imagine where the bio tests take the movie. They really did that shit though.

It's interesting because the Japanese are notorious for covering up/ignoring the super ugly parts of their national history. The Nanking massacre, for example, is almost never discussed there, and when it's mentioned in history books it's relegated to a tiny footnote.

But yeah, Manchu Squadron 731 is not fucking around.

It's interesting because the Japanese are notorious for covering up/ignoring the super ugly parts of their national history. The Nanking massacre, for example, is almost never discussed there, and when it's mentioned in history books it's relegated to a tiny footnote.

But yeah, Manchu Squadron 731 is not fucking around.

Yea I just depressed the shit out of my students on Tuesday talking about Nanking. There's a few famous guys in Japan, Ienaga being one, and I can't remember the other soldier/protestor, but any chance they can, they dig into Japan's darker actions of the time and try to force people to address it all, but they constantly face a backlash.