Scholarships for rapists!

It definitely sounds like there are some issues there. It also sounds like the 17 year-old had a lot more to do with it than he did. Of course it doesn't mean that he's mentally sound, I just think a 13 year-old is pretty susceptible to the influence of an older teenager. I don't know, weird stuff.

That's the thing. I know the other dude seemed to have more to do with it and reading about it, it just sounds like some sort of weird prank that took a horrific turn.

"Hey dude, let's get your cousin and tie her up."

"Why?"

"We'll blindfold her and pour kool-aid on her and say it's pee! It'll be soo funny"

"HAHA, oh man, she'll be so embarrassed"

"then we can duct tape her hands and stick the handle of a toilet plunger in her vagina!"

"..."

Who does that?

13 years old is way to old to be getting away with this shit. Think about yourself as a 13 year old, would you ever consider tying your cousin to a bed naked, and then raping her with a plunger? Or help someone else rape her with a plunger? The kid clearly doesn't have a learning disability. I don't see this as a practical joke gone wrong.

In my opinion, what happened when he was 13 is irrelevant. A court heard the case and passed a verdict, and therefore, Daniel Hood shouldn't be held accountable by schools or the general public without regard to his trial. I'm not sure if he had to serve time for his crime or what, but either way he has paid his debt to society.

i did a ton of shit when i was 13 i couldn't believe i did now. when someone older you look up to is leading it on, you usually tend to follow. not sure about that far, but seems like the other kid could have had that idea all along and this one just followed along at first til it got out of hand.

i did a ton of shit when i was 13 i couldn't believe i did now. when someone older you look up to is leading it on, you usually tend to follow. not sure about that far, but seems like the other kid could have had that idea all along and this one just followed along at first til it got out of hand.

a) it was his cousin

B) if I'd done something this fucked up at 13 I wouldn't ever expect to be let off the hook...

I do agree that it's fucked up but it sounds much more like the older kid was running the show and he was just taking part. It doesn't excuse him but it doesn't seem like he's a violent psychopath. Still, it also sounds as if any issues he may have were minimally addressed, if addressed at all. The possibility of him doing something like this again doesn't seem altogether unlikely. The thing that bothers me the most is that if it was black kid (or any other marginalized group) he would never have received 1/2 the opportunities this kid has.