1-2-3-4 Go! Records is opening a store in Oakland

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks small - but hey man, it isn't the size that matters! Celebrated Summer Records here is ran in the back of a comic book/game shop in a spare stock room. Your place actually looks a bit bigger - and Tony has a ton of stock.

After ~5 people get in there - there's hardly move to walk around the 7"s in the middle -=]

Good luck and we'll keep wax'in this revolution till our heads pop off.

I decided to come to my senses and officially open on the 15th. There's still so much work to do that there's no way I could try to do it today. Every time you think you're about done there's 20 other things that have to get done. Anyway, sorry to anyone who was going to come down today. The 15th for sure though.

I might actually. Depending on how things go. Glad you like the record! I think it came out sounding amazing. Super loud and clear. The next press will actually sound even better. They remastered it.

GODDAMNIT!!! Another press?!?! Keep us posted on it. Also, did that Cute Lepers record get an international release? I want to track it down if it did. I have a full discography so far and don't want to muck that up.

I might actually. Depending on how things go. Glad you like the record! I think it came out sounding amazing. Super loud and clear. The next press will actually sound even better. They remastered it.

GODDAMNIT!!! Another press?!?! Keep us posted on it. Also, did that Cute Lepers record get an international release? I want to track it down if it did. I have a full discography so far and don't want to muck that up.

I remember hearing about a European pressing, but I haven't heard anything about it in quite a while.

Yeah Damaged Goods is doing it. I believe theirs is coming out in April or May. I haven't been to their site in awhile but I know they finally announced that they putting it out a few weeks ago.

About the repress...yeah I didn't know the repress would be different until Steve was like "We got it remastered and it sounds 100 times better". I think the original sounds great but if the man says it sounds better that's cool with me. Cover and insert will also be at least slightly different. I'll post details as they come in but I don't expect this to happen for at least two to three months.

Tiny little update here. The store will officially be open on March 15th. I tried to do a "soft" opening earlier but there was just too much to do. Still is! Anyway come down on Saturday if you're in the area! Also there are some new photos in the 1-2-3-4 GO! RECORDS FLICKR SET including this one of my kick ass front counter.

[image]

Which apparently won't show up in this thread for some reason...anyway Things have already been a little rearranged and some records are actually in those shelves now.