dudes bailing on concerts

seriously, why does everybody who bails on a concert wait til the day of?

so now i have to pay 100 dollars for a room downtown because my ride/buddy bailed on the ISIS show, and i rode the bus downtown today. so the only way i can stay from wandering the streets of houston all night is to buy a room.

goddamnit.

Guest kevinb

one of my good Friend's likes to pull that shit I bought a ticket for him one time for like $20 and decided he didn't want to go because his g/f at the time couldn't get a ticket.

Im gonna see Manchester Orchestra tonight but its 80 bucks for two tickets..Im broke and I dont have the money for this show but my friend covered me a while back and he covered me a while back so Im gonna have his back on this one...lets hope taking my tooth out doesnt cost a lot.

Im not going to the show...he had plans...shit happens so im over it.

this, most of the time

Me too. Or they're just too lazy to go to shows. Going to see Propagandhi next Saturday by myself.

i too have to go to shows by myself a lot lately. found it a bit awkward the first couple times but now i don't mind at all.

i also fall into the having to take transit into the city to go to shows. i can't even count how many times i've had to leave before the headliner came on or halfway through their set to catch the last train home.

i almost prefer going to see opening bands these days so i know i won't miss them.

I have to go to gigs on my own because none of my friends like good music these days.

this, most of the time

this, half the time. i would usually go w/ my bro or sis, but my bro is going to school 5 hours away now and my sis flaked on me enough times and is always late. i just about always pay for tickets too, and my sister is older than me. so lately i just say fuck it and go by myself

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':c0ztitu9]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':c0ztitu9]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

haha, classy. i prefer going alone these days, just mostly because you plan your own schedule and don't have people hounding you to get going or to leave or getting drunk as fuck and going outside the front door for a cigarette instead of out on the patio and not being able to get back in 4 songs into a band's set....venting. grrr.

i've had more than my share of people bailing on tickets i paid for. i don't even plan for anyone but myself anymore. not worth the hassle.

i do like dragging people along to shows, even if they don't really care for the music or the bands. at least they can drink and pass the inbetween band time.

more like bands bailing on shows. i have a knack for the canceled band shows. Young Widows were supposed to play here thursday night and my friend informed me wednesday afternoon. i get there and there's no mention of Young Widows. door guy tells me their drummer broke his wrist a week ago, yet their website didn't mention it. i paid to get in just because my friend was already inside, all setup to record the show. i go in and tell him "you know they canceled right?" and he was pissed. wanted to tear down his gear and leave. not worth it usually for a 4 band local bill that is almost always happening around town. $5 though, not a total loss. i was REALLY looking forward to seeing Young Widows again though!