Jay Bennett died

wow. This was definately unexpected. I know he was trying to get donations because he needed to get his knees or hips replaced since he had no insurance, and then he sued wilco for royalties. Man i hope he didnt take his own life. he contributed so much to such a great band when we think about it. this definately sucks.

wow. This was definately unexpected. I know he was trying to get donations because he needed to get his knees or hips replaced since he had no insurance, and then he sued wilco for royalties. Man i hope he didnt take his own life. he contributed so much to such a great band when we think about it. this definately sucks.

agree with you on this..

agree with you on this..

definitely shitty. loved the work he did on those albums.

Very sad… 45 years old. And they still don't know why he died.

The thing I read said he died in his sleep. Maybe OD'd on drugs he was using to handle the hip pain? Also, I was reading more about his ordeal with Wilco and it seems like they really gave him a deep dickin'.

I really hope it wasn't an OD. The latest news is that they're waiting for toxicology tests to come back.

Very sad… 45 years old. And they still don't know why he died.

The thing I read said he died in his sleep. Maybe OD'd on drugs he was using to handle the hip pain? Also, I was reading more about his ordeal with Wilco and it seems like they really gave him a deep dickin'.

yea, there's a whole ton of shit, and he got jacked. the dude was stubborn and fucked himself, but for him not to get royalties.. fuck tweedy was the idea guy, but bennett was a huge part of the instrumentation of those ideas. he got shafted royally.

he was suing the band for royalties over the documentary, but Jeff brushed it off saying that Jay was suing the wrong people since they didnt put out the movie.

he was suing for royalties for the albums too...

i don't see how he can sue for non comp for being in a doc that was done by someone else, unless the band had agreed to compensation on sales releases at a later date.. not sure the details. but im sure it would have not even gone to a lawsuit if the band had agreed to not to be compensated.