VC Store Suggestion

would it be possible to implement a system that keeps track of records in stock that you want to buy, but have to hold off for a later date?

kind of like a wish-list, but more of like a "remember to add this to your cart the next time you order something" list

every time i want to make an order at VC i know there are records i wanted to pick up in the past, but wanted to wait for a larger order. and then i forget what records they were.

does this make sense to anyone?

Guest Admin
would it be possible to implement a system that keeps track of records in stock that you want to buy, but have to hold off for a later date?

kind of like a wish-list, but more of like a "remember to add this to your cart the next time you order something" list

every time i want to make an order at VC i know there are records i wanted to pick up in the past, but wanted to wait for a larger order. and then i forget what records they were.

does this make sense to anyone?

that makes sense and would be great, but our store has some serious limitations. What if you email yourself what you want and then make the subject "Wish List". Search for that email anytime you are forgetting. There are a bunhc of things we would love to be able to do in our store and at some point, we will be in search of another store that can do this and other things. we can't do it now.

for whatever its worth, id be a lot more on board to preorder stuff from VC if i wasnt charged for my order until it ships. it didnt bother me so much when preorders seemed to only go up within a few weeks of an item expected to ship but between preorders launching months in advance, delays, etc. i just dont like having my $$$ tied up like that. i know its a cash flow thing for businesses but when it came to ordering some of the new victory stuff for example (darkest hour, btbam, thursday repress) i ordered from interpunk instead based solely on this one factor. maybe nobody else cares, i dunno, but theres my store suggestion.

for whatever its worth, id be a lot more on board to preorder stuff from VC if i wasnt charged for my order until it ships. it didnt bother me so much when preorders seemed to only go up within a few weeks of an item expected to ship but between preorders launching months in advance, delays, etc. i just dont like having my $$$ tied up like that. i know its a cash flow thing for businesses but when it came to ordering some of the new victory stuff for example (darkest hour, btbam, thursday repress) i ordered from interpunk instead based solely on this one factor. maybe nobody else cares, i dunno, but theres my store suggestion.

See, I'm the opposite way; I'd rather know I paid for a record as soon as I pre-ordered it, that way I won't have a surprise charge show up on my bank/credit card statement.

Yeah, I got nailed as fuck several years ago when I was in college. Overdrawn like crazy and then I got it all back to even and a random fat wreck order shows up and cost me an extra $25. That's a little different, but I always think about that. Because I think I already had the record and it was like 3 weeks later, so random

Also, how about the ability to look through my order history or a place that shows my orders that have not shipped.

Not really a gripe, just merely a suggestion

This i would love. I hate trawling through my email to try and find out when something shipped.

I agree with Scott also, i prefer to pay up front, that way i know its taken care off.

Also this isn't really a suggestion because i imagine it would be difficult to carry out. But i wish there was a way at the check out you could add to an existing order so that if you order say 3 pre-orders a few days/weeks apart you could add them together and only pay shipping once. I know it's not really a problem in the states, but in the UK shipping can get pricey. This is the reason i haven't ordered the In The Red 7" set because shipping was so high - i imagine you are paying for 4 individual packages rather than waiting for all 4 to be released, but still. I would rather chuck it in with an order and pay an extra dollar or whatever it costs.

Tied up? What difference does it make? You're going to pay for it eventually. You'd think if you were poor enough to worry about your $15 being "tied up", a larger concern would be that $15 posting at any given time.

Guest markovianprocess
hey virg how about you just add a wish list field to our VC BOARD profiles...

this would just be an empty open ended multi line box...and people could fill it with their wish list of records/shit from the store?

...or people could just use the want section if they have a list up on Deadformat.net.

not charging us until an item ships would most likely be a huge headache for VC. Plus I like having my stuff paid for right up front. I know it's taken care of, I add my order to a notepad list I have going and I save the email. Having some sort of access to an order list would be incredible so i didnt have to save all those emails, but could just log in, click my order number and view it's contents and status.

See, I'm the opposite way; I'd rather know I paid for a record as soon as I pre-ordered it, that way I won't have a surprise charge show up on my bank/credit card statement.

Same here. I keep track of my budget and money, but it's annoying to have to remember that you really have X amount less, due to something you haven't been charged yet.

I also agree on the "wish list" kind of things. If there's something I want to order, but know there's something I want coming out in the next few days, I'd rather wait to order them together and save on shipping. It can be hard to remember what's out already and what isn't available yet for PO sometimes.