"Raise a toast to St. Joe Strummer..."

No, no, what I meant was when I refer to writing a song to me it means writing the lyrics. If I meant the musical part I would specifically say "music." When I said Joe Strummer could write a song I meant the lyrics to a song. If I had meant the music part I would say Joe Strummer could write some great music.

No, no, what I meant was when I refer to writing a song to me it means writing the lyrics. If I meant the musical part I would specifically say "music." When I said Joe Strummer could write a song I meant the lyrics to a song. If I had meant the music part I would say Joe Strummer could write some great music.

Gotcha

You guys are such fucking typical internet dorks. "Oh the hold steady write the best lyrics ever" "no way it's destroyer". Do you guys try to be as generic as possible or do you just go to the internet hipster handbook.

Clearly if you want to talk about actual lyrics and song writing you need to acknowledge one Mark Althavan Andrews. The name may not be familiar because he's better known by the name Sisqó. When you can pen lines like, "Baby make your booty go dah-dah-dah", we'll talk.

i think eric bachmann is a pretty damn good lyricist as is blake schwarzenbach, and elvis costello.

Blake has fallen of as of late, though. I honestly am just not a fan of Thorns of Life.

from what ive heard of late, i'm probably gonna have to 2nd that. but then again, give him a bit of time to play catch up... unfun didn't have the best lyrics, but fuck, chesterfield king was by far better lyrically.

Blake has fallen of as of late, though. I honestly am just not a fan of Thorns of Life.

I like Thorns of Life, but everyone and their mother is bitching about the "my first time" song.

That song is seriously cringe worthy. Seeing it live makes me uncomfortable. He also has some song about cats clawing at your knees or something and another about bikes. It's not my thing.