Help press Volcano, I'm Still Excited!!'s debut LP

Man, so by basically getting 35 pre-orders, they've already raised more than HALF of the $3500 they feel they need. So 70 records sold would pay for the whole pressing? Maybe I should double the price of my records so I can get in on that. Haha.

If you think about it they are banking off the 19 people who ordered the $65 set. It's basicly some items they had laying around, the record they are pressing, and the test.

so for $65 they need to just make the record (since the 7inch and dvd or whatever are laying around extras from the past, and all records have test) and mail it to you. That would make a bit more of a safety net in case after they pressed it the album didn't do well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':jk8he2yg]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':jk8he2yg]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

• 1 month later...

Update, for anyone who pledged money (like I did):

For everyone who's been asking about how the project is coming along -- don't worry -- it hasn't gone dormant! (Oh man, we love Volcano-related puns.)

It’s amazing the kinds of things you encounter when going back to a project that’s six years old.

Our great friend and long-time freelance designer Gregg Bernstein (www.madebygregg.com) opened up the original CD layout files, only to find that they were in Quark. Now, in 2003 Quark was the hot-dog design program. In 2009, well...not so much! So after much ado, the layouts have been re-created and upsized for LP jackets in InDesign (the premier design program of 2009). We should have some screenshots to post in about two more weeks.

Next, we went to our favorite mastering engineer John Golden (www.goldenmastering.com). Of course, right where the songs split for the A and B sides (right after “Mostly on an Island”) the song crossfades into “Around the Dream.” So John then had to break out the original masters and get the songs separated for the vinyl pressing. That was successful and the records were cut on October 7 and off to Mastercraft for some high quality plating. Finally, they shipped to Rainbo Records and arrived on Oct 16 for test pressing pressing.

The test pressings should ship out in about two weeks, and of course we’ll keep you posted as soon as they do. If everything stays on track, we hope to have finished product by the first week of December.

Thanks again for making this project possible!

Matt