Fest 8 room mate match up thread

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went down by car from Chicago last year, wasnt that bad. this year more people will be coming down with me so gas gets split better. I am very interested in talking to anyone who knows hotel prices, last year i slept in my car the whole time, not as fun as id hoped. can i get a cheers for Chicago festers?

Yeah, where is it? last year cheapest i could find was $70.

Yeah i think mine was around 65 per night. we stayed at the extended stay and it was about 5-10 mins away. It was actually nice, plus they allowed dogs (that was the main reason we stayed).

Haha, in the end they didnt even charge us extra for bringing my dog, which made things even better

Yeah, we stayed in the Comfort Inn. It was a bit of a trek away but not that bad. Also at the time the exchange rate was in our favour so once you converted it and split it it was pretty cheap. A little bit of me wants to stay at the Holiday Inn, i'm just pretty sure i couldn't afford it. ATM we are considering buying a tent and bunking down in a Garden!

I'd love to be able to afford a room at the Holiday Inn but I refuse to pay 170/night. However, I will hang out on their roof, swim in the pool, and get drunk for free. I slept in the van all 3 nights last year which wasn't bad because it was only me in there - the other guys had crashed a hotel room.

Guest afsdan

question for you dudes:

why don't you camp? it's Florida in late summer, it's not gonna get cold. it seems you're dirty all week anyway...

question for you dudes:

why don't you camp? it's Florida in late summer, it's not gonna get cold. it seems you're dirty all week anyway...

I haven't been too far out of the immediate Fest area but it doesn't seem like a ton of places to camp. Plus with most of the college out for the game cops have more time to focus on that kind of shit.

Guest genericinsight
question for you dudes:

End of October/beginning of November is considered late summer? That's when The Fest is. Also, Gainesville is a college town, not many camping spots from what I've gathered.

btw, directed at afsdan, not Dante.

question for you dudes:

End of October/beginning of November is considered late summer? That's when The Fest is. Also, Gainesville is a college town, not many camping spots from what I've gathered.

btw, directed at afsdan, not Dante.

January 19th from 6-9:45 pm is the only time in Florida that isn't considered early, mid-, or late summer.

if you like drinking, late night adventures without pants, not remembering things, and giving away punkrockjeffs beer, room with me.

i haven't seen that guy around... isn't he the "YOUR MOM"S A DIRTY PIRATE HOOKER RECORDS" guy?

yeah. last time i talked to him he said he might not actually be able to make it to fest this year.

Get them while you can, i just reserved a room at the Gainesville Lodge for $45.00 a night. This place only has 35 rooms total but i was able to get one. Call them 352-376-1224

Also me and my wife might need a ride from Tampa up to Gainesville on the 29th of Oct. Anyone able to help us out????

Get them while you can, i just reserved a room at the Gainesville Lodge for $45.00 a night. This place only has 35 rooms total but i was able to get one. Call them 352-376-1224

Also me and my wife might need a ride from Tampa up to Gainesville on the 29th of Oct. Anyone able to help us out????

I believe this place is dab smack in the middle of everything, if I wasnt so hellbent on the holiday inn , I know im gonna have problems getting out of work again this year, I hate my job

Maybe there's been an ownership change or something, but the people who run The Fest have generally recommended avoiding this hotel on the website in past years. It's probably not a good place to stay if you're looking to party.

sorry for not getting back to you but keep me updated on your plans. i'd be down for rooming. I also thing Casey (trivial) is going to bunk with me so you got at least two.

mattstrike is with me, too. I might be able to pick up controlthebleeding at Jax airport, too. So that's 4: me, loki, ctb, and mattstrike.

i would totally play swords with this room for sure. fuck i wanna go so bad

mattstrike is with me, too. I might be able to pick up controlthebleeding at Jax airport, too. So that's 4: me, loki, ctb, and mattstrike.

i would totally play swords with this room for sure. fuck i wanna go so bad

im thinking about going but im just not sure. i sort of wanted to take the time off work and put all those miles on my truck just for the adventure.