shit to do in NYC

ok.

manhattan:

*Generation records on thompson is a must, and near soho so you can check out all kinda of cool shops.

*forbidden planet is awesome if ya like comics, its near union square.

*food, if your on a huge budget theres $1 pizza all over the place, noteably theres on about halfway down st. marks and theres a couple record shops there too (sounds is pretty good for their $0.88 promo bin)

*if ya like rice pudding you NEED to hit rice to riches on spring st. also bumble around china town or little italy. if you want a nice dinner thats not too expensive check out Lupa on thompson (about a block from generation, just past bleecker) or if your a veggie person, gobo is a vegan place around the corner on 6th ave.

i HIGHLY reccommend taking the PATH train to hoboken for and going to benny tudinos pizza, $3 for a slice lager than your head.

if your 21 heres some sweet nightlife:

*Tusday nights, hit angels & kings on a & 11, yeah, its a scened out bar, but they have an open vodka bar from 10-11pm.

*my fav bar is HiFI also on 11 and a. best jukebox in manhattan.

*on 6th st and 3rd ave hit Lit Lounge, generally good tunes and on sunday nights they do punk rock karaoke (they call it that...its only mildly punk rock)

*right near st marks is the continental, used to be a venue, now they have 5 shots for 10 bucks.

*on 14th and 3rd theres beauty bar manhattan, fun for a bit, but the new one in bk is where the action is.

* about a block away in manhattan hit crocadile lounge, buy a beer get a free personal pizza.

in Brooklyn:

*the charleston, same deal as croc lounge, only hipper, and the cupcake stop truck has been seen recentally outside on weekends ;)

*barcade - great selection of beers (and they have dogfish head gin, try it, its AMAZING) plus old school arcade games, fun time.

*matchless - i like this bar, its also just down the st from my friends place, so that helps.

*beauty bar brooklyn: def check it out, and say hit to the bartender brock, great dude.

you also may want to check out museums, heres my picks:

*the cloisters - medieval art, donation only entry and you also get entry into the met for the day.

*american museum of natural history, take the day, great time also donation only

*moma - pretty awesome exhibits right now, dont forget to check out the rooftop martini bar.

if ya want some free stuff, go for a walk through cent park or walk across the williamsburg (or bklyn) bridge.

if i think of anything else i'll post it.

you quite possibly gave the worst bar suggestions for Manhattan.

and i wouldnt suggest sending someone into bushwick just to go to the new beauty bar

its right off the jtrain. and srry about the bar suggestions, but im def partial to hifi's juke, and pizza+beer is ok in my book.

as far as the beautybar manhattan goes, im again obvi a lil biased, but should i be sending him to milady's or some of the super local places where hes just gonna get fucked up looks? the suggestions i gave are perfect for someone visiting town on a whim. not too crowded but not dead either.

in Brooklyn:

*the charleston, same deal as croc lounge, only hipper, and the cupcake stop truck has been seen recentally outside on weekends ;)

*the cloisters - medieval art, donation only entry and you also get entry into the met for the day.

These are both backed. If you go to The Charleston, give yourself some time to walk around the neighborhood. Williamsburg is pretty neat. I recommend going to the Blackbird Parlour and Pennylick's if you're in the area.

in Brooklyn:

These are both backed. If you go to The Charleston, give yourself some time to walk around the neighborhood. Williamsburg is pretty neat. I recommend going to the Blackbird Parlour and Pennylick's if you're in the area.

just avoid the Vegan Ice Cream at pennylicks, unless you are vegan then it might be quite enjoyable! got it by accident once and was convinced they had weird tasting ice cream.

Guest genericinsight

you also may want to check out museums, heres my picks:

*american museum of natural history, take the day, great time also donation only

*moma - pretty awesome exhibits right now, dont forget to check out the rooftop martini bar.

I also recommend the American Museum of the Moving Image (movie props/sets/etc) in Astoria, Queens. Not quite as well known as the others and a bit of a hassle to get to by public transportation (quicker if you're in Manhattan/pain in the ass and long from Brooklyn) but it's worth the trip I think.

Also, most museums in NYC have free admission Fridays!