Greatest 7 Inch Packaging. .

I'll post pics later, but a couple that come to mind are the Belladonna comp and The Abandoned Hearts Club 7". Also the Tired From Now On 7" is pretty cool.

Oh, and the entire Post Marked Stamps series had great packaging. Unfortunately I've only got the box set, instead of each record as it was originally released, but from the ones I've seen, they're great.

Wormwood - 'Reversal of Fortune / Communion'

Their last 7". Simple, black cardboard sleeve and insert with silver printing and hand numbering. Both illustrations are postcard sized and attached with those triangular corner things you use for photo albums. So when you take them off the sleeve and insert, there's printing on the reverse side also.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

I can't for the life of me remember who did it but in the last 2 or 3 years someone has put out a 7" that had a razor blade that slide into a wrist to hold it closed. always meant to buy the record just to have that.

I have that one...it is in the middle in the picture...

Exosus - Feed the Furnace EP - Reptilian (2004) - Red

[image]

I can't for the life of me remember who did it but in the last 2 or 3 years someone has put out a 7" that had a razor blade that slide into a wrist to hold it closed. always meant to buy the record just to have that.

I have that one...it is in the middle in the picture...

Exosus - Feed the Furnace EP - Reptilian (2004) - Red

[image]

YES! It's been driving me crazy so thank you for posting that.

What does everyone love about Sink, Floria, Sink so much? I don't have it yet so I don't know what im missing.

Guest noeffinidea

Not my all-around favorites, but these two popped into my mind first:

The Swarm - Old Blue Eyes is Dead

[image]

Floor/Ed Matus' Struggle - Split (1st press)

[image]

Awesome hand-assembled "bug" cover has multiple folds with photos of different bugs pasted onto its own section. Although you can't really see it in the picture, there is a piece of fly swatter netting stapled to the reverse side. Both the insert pictured and the [unfolded] bottom left-hand corner of the package are signed and #'d by the artist. The large paragraph at the bottom of the insert is an explanation of the idea/creation of the package by the artist. Totally bitchin'!

Oh, and the entire Post Marked Stamps series had great packaging. Unfortunately I've only got the box set, instead of each record as it was originally released, but from the ones I've seen, they're great.

The PMS series was awesome.

Hydra Head's "In These Black Days" 7" series is another one of my favorites aesthetically speaking. I love the continuity of the artwork from on record to the next.

i dug through and found a couple more that I really like...maybe not the "Greatest" but still well done

Rise Up Howlin' Werewolf "Michelle b/w I Cry For Commercials"

comes with a hand-screens cover that is printed on the inside of a cereal box w/ a full comic inside...hard to describe. if I had a camera that worked I'd post a pic.

Her Space Holiday "Concrete Kids"

and the Murder City Devils/Botch split...specifically the "Friends" version w/ 2x7" and the velum insert and etched b-sides on each 7"

also the Sub-Pop 7"s that they released this past Record Store Day I thought were really well done for being as simple as they were

One of my favourite 7" for packaging is Small Brown Bike - (And Don't Forget Me) ........ its just pure class :)

Oh and the 1st 6 singles from Garbage were amazing , they must have lost so much money on those beauties as they were so limited and the packaging was amazing especially "Vow" (metal sleeve) & "Subhuman (rubber sleeve)