GRADE is back in a recording studio!!!

Sooooooo...one of my favorite bands, GRADE, is back in the studio recording some new material for a split with BANE for some magazine's final issue...that's pretty fucking radical

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=30761727&blogID=497756259

edit: bowing my head in shame, yet again...

Hopefully this is a) not on victory, and B) sounds more like their separate the magnets-era material.

a) I would assume this would be label-less be'n that it's for this magazine...but we'll see

B) I would highly highly highly doubt it would sound like anything like Separate The Magnets

Guest vito

Posted in the other thread already but I don't care.

Grade is probably my favourite band of all time and I can't wait to hear this! I'd do anything to see them play a show..

Kyle Bishop must be hard up for cash.

He served me a Rum n Coke in Hamilton like 2 years ago at a bar he was tending. I recognized him but didn't say anything. I think he sensed the glimmer of recognition. It was an awkward exchange.

So yeah, needless to say, he could probably use the money.

chances are he makes twice the amount of money he made being in Grade bartending or driving a zamboni or whatever he does now.

this is cool news as it's 4/5 of the original dudes, so this might not be bad...can't be worse than the last Grade album or that Somehow Hollow record. I don't think I've ever met a dude more full of himself though...in general that dude embodied awkward exchange...I'd like to hope that a few years down may have humbled the guy a bit.

weird he'd be a bartender, did he "break edge"? (yes, I'm aware you can bartend w/o drinking)

and I couldn't agree less with Justin here, the only time I got to see them live was right after they released "Head First Straight To Hell" (an album I greatly enjoy) and he was nice as can be and not too awkward at all. He put the mic out for me to scream along during their set like 8 or 9 times (once just handing me the mic) and afterwards just sat and talked with the guy for a while...he could've been a giant douche and just walked away from an awkward 18 year old kid (me) that just wanted to ask questions, but he was totally cool about it. he was also selling their merch at the time. made me enjoy their music that much more know'n that he seemed to be a legit dude and down to earth

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':i3nu22gd]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':i3nu22gd]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

let me clarify...not a douche-y full of himself...you could talk to him, but the dude was the most vain person I've ever come across.

HFSTH isn't the worst album ever...

...but compared to Under the Radar and Separate the Magnets it's not that good. (I also haven't heard this album in about 7 years)

true story though, the HFSTH artwork...the band originally submitted the cover art for that record...let's just say she wasn't wearing a thong...

[image]

true story though, the HFSTH artwork...the band originally submitted the cover art for that record...let's just say she wasn't wearing a thong...

[image]

sounds provocative batman...I do enjoy that Best Buy wouldn't even carry this version of the artwork...just plain all black packaging w/ "Grade" and "Head First Straight To Hell" on it for the Best Buy versions