Run For Cover Records

Good luck. I ordered the Fireworks pre-order package and a sweatshirt back in April of last year. Anybody who was around during that knows there were some delays with pressing, etc. so I let some shit slide. In August I emailed him again to see if my order had shipped. I wanted to give him my mom's address because I had to move out of my apartment at the end of the month and wasn't sure where I was going to end up. I didn't get a response after two weeks so I sent the same email again. A week later he emailed back and said he'd get it shipped out ASAP

Jeff emailed me at the beginning of October to see if I had gotten my order and I replied back that I hadn't. I emailed again two weeks later to see if the order had come back to him, because it was getting really sketchy. A week later he emailed back and said it came back. So I gave him the address to my new place.

Two weeks later I emailed to see if he sent the package.

No response.

Two weeks later I emailed again to see if he sent the package.

No response.

Until Febuary, when he emailed and said the package came back again and he sent it back out to me. He said I should have it in a week and to email him again if it didn't show up by then.

Which I did.

That's the last I heard from him.

For a while I kept up emailing him every two weeks, but NEVER get a response. At this point I still email once a month just saying "HELLO???" and "JEFF CAN YOU RESPOND??" but I never hear back. It's gone on too long to even file a PayPal claim. I think I'd even feel better if he emailed me and told me to fuck off because I'd at least be getting a response. I've also spoken to a member of another RFC band who agreed that the way he handles his mailorder is sketchy.

Every time this topic pops up someone ALWAYS jumps in and goes on about he's a good dude "backed hard" and how he runs the label by himself and works and goes to school and all that bullshit. No excuse. If he's that busy he probably shouldn't be running a business. And it doesn't take that much effort to send an email.

I'm pretty sure he posts on VC, right? He'll probably ignore this too.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

First off, I am not out to get ANYONE. I am obviously making the records and merch I am selling, so there's no reason why I would "fake" sell it to people to steal their money. That doesn't make any sense.

I get around 100 emails a day. If you can't see why emails that say "HELLO CAN YOU RESPOND?" get skipped over sometimes (keyword SOMETIMES) then I don't know what to tell you.

Bottom line, I do not intentionally ignore emails. I do not intentionally rip people off. Every label I have ever ordered from went through a time when they were smaller and had mailorder issues all the time, yes even labels like bridge 9 and others that people have no complaints about now.

If you've emailed me before, do it again. I am home for a few days and will get everything taken care of that I can. I apologize for causing all this stress on people, but I promise it is not my intention to make anyone feel rip offed or forgotten.

[email protected]

TF pre-orders ship soon. They were a lot of work.

I would also like to point out that these threads make things look a lot worse than they are. We and by we I mean me and sometimes one other person) send out about 50 orders a month. Sometimes way more, sometimes slightly less. 95% of those orders make it to where they need to go without any issues. For the most part, no one who get their orders on time are posting in these threads, its just everyone who has ever had a problem ordering through us in the past 5 years posting, which makes things look a little different then they are.

Matt, who I believe made this thread, your order was originally returned to me saying the address (which I wrote as you gave me) did not exist, like I told you. Had that not happened, your order would have arrived on time.

i work for asian man records doing mail order. a few things should be noted here:

1. you are running a label, which means when you are checking emails, you need to check emails no matter if you think they'll end up being spam.

2. you are handling cash....which means people trust that when they pay you they'll get what they paid for.

3. and last but still important, you can't make excuses for why you haven't sent things out. this whole thread makes me wonder why people start labels. if you don't have the time or energy you shouldn't be doing it. the fact that there are a few people who are asking where my orders are is a problem.

all in all it's shitty. i feel lucky to have mike trust me so much to deal with orders. and if something does go worng....which it does all the time.....it's fixed in a day or so....with tons of extras given away for our mistake. get on your game or get out.

my 2 cents!

i work for asian man records doing mail order. a few things should be noted here:

1. you are running a label, which means when you are checking emails, you need to check emails no matter if you think they'll end up being spam.

2. you are handling cash....which means people trust that when they pay you they'll get what they paid for.

3. and last but still important, you can't make excuses for why you haven't sent things out. this whole thread makes me wonder why people start labels. if you don't have the time or energy you shouldn't be doing it. the fact that there are a few people who are asking where my orders are is a problem.

all in all it's shitty. i feel lucky to have mike trust me so much to deal with orders. and if something does go worng....which it does all the time.....it's fixed in a day or so....with tons of extras given away for our mistake. get on your game or get out.

my 2 cents!

Asian Man really does go above and beyond when fixing mistakes. When I got the wrong color vinyl sent to me, they told me to send it back and then gave me the correct color plus any CD I wanted in the store for the return shipping I paid. They also got it back to me in something like 2 weeks for shipping both ways while responding to my emails the whole time. This isn't a knock of RFC just alot of respect for Mike Park + crew.

my 2 cents!

I do have the time and resources and energy to run a record label. If I didn't I don't think I would have made it this far. On the flipside of that people need to understand that because Run For Cover is a one person operation, that sometimes things don't go 100% perfectly and that there is a lot on my plate. That is all I am saying.

Doing mailorder for a label like Asian Man and running a label by yourself aren't really comparable. If I was being paid (which I am not) to do one job (like mailorder) I promise you that it would be handled better than me not being paid (meaning I need to do something else for income) to do literally every single aspect of my business. "Get on your game or get out?" Huh? Have you ever tried running a record label before? I've worked mailorder before at different labels, it can be a pain in the ass, and it can be pretty smooth. In the end if that's all you have to worry about, it's pretty easy and can be fun. Unfortunately for me, I have to deal with tours, pr, distribution, all of our web design, most of our print design, pressing plants, printing merch for bands, our webstore, social media, stuffing records, all of our accounting and sales, answering emails, etc. Every single day. I don't have weekends off, I don't get a salary or get paid by the hour, I don't even get fucking paid, yet I still do it day in and day out and have been for 5 years because its something that I am passionate about and I take it seriously. There's a reason why Mike Park hires people to do mailorder, because he can afford to, and because he can't manage doing it by himself. Luckily for me someone just started helping me out with mailorder full time, so hopefully our mailorder only gets better from here.

For anyone interested, Fireworks pre-orders will be going up tonight. Title Fight packages and 7"s will hopefully all be shipped out in the next 10 days. Our new website is updated all the time now that we have a blog type setup, so please check there for news. And once again if you HAVE EVER ordered something from us and not got it, want a refund, or just have a question of any kind please email me @ [email protected]

-jeff

you know jeff, don't know what you do on a normal day but im next to 2 people who run lables everyday. a small lable starting out, and a label thats been around for 13 yrs. yeah i man not do all thats stuff, but i know what goes into doing hard work. yeah it's a one man operation on your end, at asian man there is 3 people who do everything and stuff still goes wrong. im not saying you have to be perfect, but you have to be pretty damn close. when people have a problem you need to fix it, not wait 2 weeks or 6 months. and no i haven't started a label but and i don't do all that other shit, but i am in a band, who does alot if not all the PR, TOURING,MERCH,ect. and the "get on your game or get out" is meant in a way that if you are gonna have customers not buy your stuff because you cant seem to get it to them in a timely manner....people are not going to want to order from you when your name is blasted on boards where vinyl/cds are sold.

from an outsider....just reading this made me not want to order or give anything a chance just by seein all the neg. comments.

this statement made me feel alittle bit better about label "And once again if you HAVE EVER ordered something from us and not got it, want a refund, or just have a question of any kind please email me @ [email protected]"

good luck.

worst label on the planet

theres no way they are doing that much business (maybe 100 orders a month on a good month?) and for them to not only ignore all my emails but everyone elses is inexcusable

in closing...

dear run for cover records,

dont release anything ever again please. and if you do, send me my records i ordered a year ago.

Jeff

stop posting about the pre-orders and put them up already. You twittered yesterday that they were going up....yesterday.

I am going to put them up when they are ready to be up. I fell asleep at 8 pm last night in a Warped Tour induced exhuastion.

It's all good my man. I ordered....i am still waiting for a title fight 7" and a transit cd

I would also like to point out that these threads make things look a lot worse than they are. We and by we I mean me and sometimes one other person) send out about 50 orders a month. Sometimes way more, sometimes slightly less. 95% of those orders make it to where they need to go without any issues. For the most part, no one who get their orders on time are posting in these threads, its just everyone who has ever had a problem ordering through us in the past 5 years posting, which makes things look a little different then they are.

Matt, who I believe made this thread, your order was originally returned to me saying the address (which I wrote as you gave me) did not exist, like I told you. Had that not happened, your order would have arrived on time.

that wasn't ''matt'' but you answered my e-mail last week and said that it would ship on monday so hopefully it arrives soon :)

been watching revhq because they had copies of the Nightmare Of You/This Is Hell split 7" up for sale. and the ship date keeps getting pushed back and back. for a few weeks it was 7/21, yesterday is got pushed back to 7/28, today it got pushed back to 8/27. what's going on??

Shit really? I was waiting for this too. Those "tests"/tour versions were what, like a year ago now?

Guest Admin

jeff / run for cover, I have an idea that might help. We at Vinyl Collective want to carry your records. Let us ship out your orders and handle your mailorder. We are nice people and we think you put out good records. I actually emailed you last week because I saw you had stuff that we could do well with and wanted to carry it. You never emailed me, but I understand that you are busy. I am sure we can do a good job carrying your records. I will email you again so you have my info.

jeff / run for cover, I have an idea that might help. We at Vinyl Collective want to carry your records. Let us ship out your orders and handle your mailorder. We are nice people and we think you put out good records. I actually emailed you last week because I saw you had stuff that we could do well with and wanted to carry it. You never emailed me, but I understand that you are busy. I am sure we can do a good job carrying your records. I will email you again so you have my info.

PLEASE do this!

i ordered shit from RFC (1 7", 3 cds). emailed jeff after i had heard the shady business from the label and got a response a few weeks later saying there were delays with the 7" and orders would be shipped out real soon. 2 months later and i'm still waiting. part of me doesn't even want the order anymore.

jeff: i get it - you're a 1 man show. that's pretty respectable in these times. but if you're gonna continue to sign bands with a ridiculous amount of hype surrounding them, put out their releases and people are going to continue to buy them, you need to work on your communication. keeping people in the dark until you get swamped with emails isn't the way to control the damage.