Bruno

Thinking about it now, it was pretty bad. He tried to hard to make it overly offensive and humor was sacrificed because of that. There were only two or three scenes that really stand out.

Yeah, I agree. Everything felt forced and stale. Every joke simply fell flat. For the first half hour I sat there waiting for it to pick up but then I realized it wasn't going to. I saw it with a nearly full audience and that theatre was pretty quiet. People were laughing, but it was more like chuckles than absolute laughter like I heard in the last film. There were some bros behind me laughing really hard but you could tell they would laugh at any gay joke you threw at them. This movie was a total disappointment.

I love how the image of a penis in any context other than the penetration of a vagina strikes fear in the hearts of straight men.

Well, there is one other exception--when they're in the locker room giving each other butt pats and "atta bros".

As someone who has played sports his whole life, I find these generalizations really annoying.

Borat lost all of its humor for me on repeated watches. I saw an advance screening of it a month before it first came out and was completely in stitches. Then I saw it opening weekend with some friends and didn't laugh nearly as much. I'm sure if I watched now, I'd think, "Oh, that's cute." Sasha Baron Cohen's comedy really only works once, for shock value.