Fund Raising to get Juan Hulud to Chicago!

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will sell test pressings for these releases to benefit this cause:

$50 ppd. each...it's for a good cause.

Methadones "Career Objective" LP

Methadones / Copyrights "split" LP

Olehole "Holemole" LP

Capital "Homefront" LP

Capital "Signal Corps" LP

$25.00 ppd. each

Methadones s/t 7"

This is all very bizarre to me. Juan is a nice guy and all, but am I missing something? Did he save everyone on this board from a burning bus or something?

Yeah, it's a little weird cause you don't know the guy and you're raising money for a luxury, it's not something he needs. But it's just soemthing nice to do. He's been a valued member of the board for a long time and it's something he really wants to do but wouldn't have a chance to do otherwise. Wouldn't we all like to be flown across the country for free? Sure we would. But this is getting done for Juan and those that want to lend a helping hand are willing to donate a few bucks. Nobody is asking for a lot of money and Justin is helping the cause by selling some tests from his label.

I used to frequent a photography forum and one time we all took donations to buy the moderator a brand new camera and lens (totalling over $2,000) because he would have never been able to afford anything like that and we all thought he deserved it. Just a few bucks from each person can really add up. Give if you want, if not, nobody will judge you.

As for me, I'm buying my parents a dishwasher since their old one broke and they can't really afford to buy a new one right now. So if I have anything left over I'll put a few bucks down for the cause.

yeah, it's goofy and it's a luxury, yeah there are millions of reasons and causes more worthy.

I certainly didn't ask Eric the Red to do this same thing for me last year(see the original post on page 1) and I took this on to give back for people helping Eric raise money for me...I certainly wasn't worthy of such a donation and the kindness of all the people on here that pitched in

...this is just how we roll...that's the only way I can think to describe it.

haha - someone took away Karma from me! I have nothing against helping a pal out, but this money could be donated so many causes it kind of blows my mind.

Anytime you buy a non-essential item the money can be donated to "so many causes."

You've never given someone something for no reason?

Does "getting laid" count as a reason?

What if it doesn't work?

haha - someone took away Karma from me! I have nothing against helping a pal out, but this money could be donated so many causes it kind of blows my mind.

Anytime you buy a non-essential item the money can be donated to "so many causes."

You've never given someone something for no reason?

If I buy a non-essential item, it's for me, not a stranger.

I've given plenty of people things for what I guess you mean by "no reason," like if a record comes through the shop and I know someone who would like it, etc. Again, these are friends that I see and hang out with, not complete strangers.

Like, I've never bought a flower or a toy car and just given it to a stranger at the bus stop or something.

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with this, I just find it to be a little perplexing.

is it really a complete stranger when its someone that you chat with and share moments of your life with on a daily basis?

i don't know about anyone else, but i've met a ton of people because of this board, some of which i have become really good friends with. Its a nice little community.. and its fun to do the occaisional stupid fun thing like this to hook a buddy up with an experience they'll remember forever.

is it really a complete stranger when its someone that you chat with and share moments of your life with on a daily basis?

i don't know about anyone else, but i've met a ton of people because of this board, some of which i have become really good friends with. Its a nice little community.. and its fun to do the occaisional stupid fun thing like this to hook a buddy up with an experience they'll remember forever.

I have a job because of this messageboard...well this and because of the O Pioneers too, (as that's how me and Matt Flood originally met & traded test pressings of our OP releases), then when I was laid off from my job he got me a job in the company he works at...

i think some of you guys may know already.

i love to collecting postcard and sending postcard to who i know the street address and i think i should give a postcard to him/ her.

i named this project as 'a post card from thailand #1'

[image]

from the picture you see, i will send a postcard from me to you or whoever you want i write to.

i have 2 kind of krabi, one of the most beautiful sea side beach and island province you must visit.

those are a postcard of phi phi island on day and night.

you can chose one, first come first serve for type of picture.

i have 5 copies per each.

if you are interesting, just send 6 bucks at least per each to justin's paypal (sorry which i didn't ask you for an allowment before justin but i think send money to you directly is more comfortable)

and send pm to me an addressee and message you want i write to. if you don't have any idea for the message i won't write anything in the space.

if you are interesting to join this project of mine, please do like this

1) send money to justin

2) send pm to justin and me when about your paypal transaction id and the addressee with street address and message you want i write.

3) waiting for i proceed around 3 office days

4) i will contact you back date i sent

and optional 5) tell me when the addressee get a postcard.

interesting ?

let's take any action....

:)