Avid Reader? VC Community Book Reading?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello people, its been a while. I feel like i have been letting the side down.

Quick update, after a month and a bit i final got the book i need to read, sorry drabs, yours never showed up. and look how the post man left it,

[image]

[image]

Ringing wet and ripped on 3 sides. Luckily they were in plastic and got away relatively unscathed. Anyway, i have some down time at the minute so i am going to try and get it read, if not i will ship on Friday regardless, because its going to take more time to get to to the states.

What a saga!

• 2 weeks later...
I finished Bukowski, and realized there's not a T in his name (my sister's friend's name is very similar and DOES have a T). It's been packaged up but I've been working so much I haven't gotten to the post office. Roadwarrior, it should be in the mail tomorrow hopefully!

so I finished reading A Wild Sheep Chase and have started on the Bukowski book.

Sorry Vince, but your book got a little chewed on by my kitten (I'll take pics of it later if you want. I have bought you a brand new copy (without the teeth marks) and have sent it to Breyan.

I really enjoyed the Wild Sheep Chase, I may pick up the rest of the Rat Trilogy. I am currently enjoying the Bukowski book, some of it is pretty gross and funny. Definitely a good book for the commuting time

glad you enjoyed. i really like Dance Dance Dance; the next in the series. i havent been able to get a hold of Pinball 1973 - its OOP and sells for something like 300-400$

at least you liked it more than your cat!

i also havent heard from Breyan in a little while and havent rec'd book #2 from her yet.

• 1 month later...
glad you enjoyed. i really like Dance Dance Dance; the next in the series. i havent been able to get a hold of Pinball 1973 - its OOP and sells for something like 300-400$

at least you liked it more than your cat!

i also havent heard from Breyan in a little while and havent rec'd book #2 from her yet.

didn't really follow this thread, but if you just want to read Pinball, which i think you probably have, you could just find it online

http://quietbubble.typepad.com/files/pinball1973.pdf

i ended up printing it out when i was in college because i never used up my quota for printing.. printed them on half pages and cut them in half so they were more book-sized..

I'd like to switch again. I've tried multiple times and just cannot get into The Dice Man. Sorry, Tom.

No worries dude.

I will get the next book sent ASAP. Sorry i have been slacking on this, i'm roughly half way through just havn't found the time i get through it. Not bad so far, i will pick up my own copy to finish it!

What Murakami books should i get? I read Norwegian Wood and Sputnik Sweetheart already.

my favorites, in order

1 - wind up bird chronicle

2 - kafka on the shore

3 - dance dance dance (but this kind of follows a Wild Sheep Chase, so that should be read first)

4 - Norwegian Wood

5 - A Wild Sheep Chase

6 - Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

his short story collections are all amazing as well

thanks dude, i was actually just about to ask for the locations of everything. It sounds like you got all all the books from our circle!

by my count, i am still due Sock and The Shia Revival

Matt - are you holding anything right now? I think it was only us 3 + Breyanne in our circle. Maybe we can coordinate getting as many of our books back into the owners hand, HWM can be kept hostage and start round two, less one member.

• 4 weeks later...